HR Officer, Melton Mowbray, perm, up to 23k
Your new company
A manufacturing organisation based in Melton Mowbray, with circa 200 employees. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in fast paced role, within, in a busy manufacturing organisation. This role is suitable for an experienced HR Administrator / Assistant or similarly a Junior HR Officer. You will have excellent attention to detail, be highly organised and be able to work at pace. You will have experience managing caseloads and supporting in all aspects of HR.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
· To ensure the administration paperwork for starters and leaver is completed/managed on a weekly basis
· To provide legal advice to the management team (where applicable)
· To ensure that disciplinaries are organised and that all relevant paperwork is completed (including updating the disciplinary log)
· To monitor and action the 'HR Action Log' on a twice daily basis which will ensure that the HR Department is responsive to all required HR tasks/ employment relations matters
· Conduct all necessary administration tasks associated with the recruitment and selection process i.e. issue offer letters, issue contracts of employment, organise and manage new starter inductions, check eligibility to work in the UK documentation, save relevant documents in the Payroll Folder and update (and send to all relevant Managers) the Company's Movement Book
· Diarise probation review dates for new starters and provide relevant paperwork, such as invite to probationary meeting letters (as and when required)
· Take the lead in managing quarterly and annual performance reviews and ensure that all returned documents are logged correctly (by Department).
· To ensure that weekly administration is saved on the HR Manager System and any destroy paper copies immediately (in line with GDPR legislation).
· To manage the recruitment job board on a weekly basis, which will include writing job adverts, arranging interviews and participating in the selection process
· Assist the HR Officer in writing and implementing revised HR policies and procedures across the business
· Attend regular employment law seminars and training to ensure that the HR Department is compliant and receptive to minimize and mitigate against risks
- The working hours are Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm with a shift of 5am - 1pm once per month. This is in line with business and flexibility is key.
- The hours are non-negotiable.
What you'll need to succeed
- HR experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, within HR would be advantageous
What you'll get in return
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays
- The opportunity to progress your career in HR, working within a small and collaborative HR team
- Parking on site
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.