Lead ER Advisor
A Lead ER Advisor role is now available with a leading Global Investment Bank. The company are based in Canary Wharf and this ER function are newly created which gives the incoming candidate a great opportunity to really make their mark.
As an Lead ER Advisor you will connect with HR Business Partners, HR Legal, other control functions, managers and employees to drive the resolution of advanced and complex ER cases including performance issues, occupational health, redundancy processes including chairing meetings, employee vs manager coaching, contentious flexi-working requests, complex disciplinary matters and grievances, investigations, DSA requests.
This role will play a "leading from the front" role with colleagues, offering guidance and mentoring where appropriate. Additionally the role will involve proactive ER work such as ER training and trend analysis.
This position will be a true subject matter on all ER matters and will be able to advise from both a legal and commercial view.
- Providing best in class ER advice.
- In addition to providing general ER advice to employees and their managers you will effectively manage poor performance cases and long term sickness absence cases.
- You will also undertake investigations into potential misconduct and take a lead role in the collective redundancy consultation processes.
- You will participate in the design and delivery of practical ER training to the HR function and the management population and work closely with colleagues across the bank on a variety of business initiatives/projects.
- Where required, you will manage and hear disciplinary and grievance cases and decide on the most appropriate outcomes.
- You will work with your ER colleagues to ensure continuous improvement and innovation to ER processes, policies and controls to ensure operational excellence and risk management.
- This role will enable you to work closely with HR colleagues (HRBPs, HR Advisors and HR Subject Matter Experts), partner with global and regional HR Business Partners, Employment Law and clients across all business lines and levels.
- This role is open to discussion regarding flexible/agile working.
- Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Solid employee relations experience as an ER SME is essential.
- Strong interest in Employee Relations and up to date knowledge of UK employment law and ACAS guidelines are essential.
- Knowledge of the UK Regulatory environment within financial services preferable.
- Ability to defuse conflict situations and show sensitivity in handling cases.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly identify and mitigate risk.
- Extremely organised, proactive and able to prioritise and multitask.
- Validated analytical and influencing skills, confident working across regional boundaries and corporate titles.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills are also essential.