Part time HR Officer
Part time HR Officer required at Construction company in Beckton, East London. Perfect for someone who lives closeby (most commute from Essex or East London). 21 hours per week Wednesday- Friday 9am-5pm.
A Non Mechanical plant hire company located in Beckton, East London.
Part time HR Officer responsibilities:
- Prepare and process contracts of employment and employment letters, ensuring an efficient process and responding to queries related to them.
- Manage the onboarding process ensuring all new joiners are added to the HR System and their new hire related documents are complete.
- Complete background checks as required including reference requests, right to work, criminal and credit checks.
- Ensure all employment changes are updated in HR systems and communicated effectively to payroll as appropriate.
- To review job applications and CV's, creating a shortlist for the hiring managers, responding to candidates and arranging interviews.
- Ensure employee absence information is correct by checking of time sheets and attendance forms.
- Process return to work forms, filing and scanning copies
- Prepare and mail HR correspondence.
- Provide support across all aspects of HR Operations to ensure that business needs can be met whilst remaining legally compliant, and operating in line with best practice guidelines.
- Support on performance related matters and investigations including grievances, performance improvement plans and disciplinaries.
- Support the operational elements of key people processes e.g. absence and performance management
- Support the implementation of HR policy, programs and business change management initiatives operationally.
HR Officer skills/ competencies:
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and best practice
- Confidence in approach to advice all levels of managers on a wide variety of employee relations case work including - disciplinary, performance management, capability, sickness, absence, and complex cases
- Robust, resilient, approachable and diplomatic with the confidence to deal with challenging senior leaders
- A strong customer service mind set when dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced in the use of HR Information Systems linked with Payroll software
- Capacity to work independently with limited supervision but also good team player.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to deal with a wide range of stakeholders with conflicting priorities.
- Friendly and able to converse with people at any level
A part time HR Officer role located in Beckton. 21 hours per week Wednesday- Friday 9am-5pm at a Non Mechanical plant hire company. Please apply if this role suits you!