Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Location: East London (City Airport)
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 6 months initially, likely to extend
Salary: Circa £25k per annum
What will be keeping you busy?
Our super client is looking for someone to own the preparation process, validation and running of the Company’s weekly and monthly payrolls. You will answer payroll queries and produce payroll and HR reports when required. Help maintain the Company’s Payroll & HR database records and carryout HR administration tasks.
• Own the preparation process of weekly and monthly Payrolls, ensuring totally accuracy and the data is entered on time to the agreed deadlines
• Work closely with outsourced payroll providers
• Ensure all personal electronic files are fully populated and up to date with Payroll data
• Support the HR team in ensuring all HR records / files / documents are in order up to date and complete
• Monitor key HR indicators, highlight variances where necessary and provide relevant reports, statistics and information to various individuals / teams requiring the information.
• Other responsibilities than those described above may be required to be undertaken and will be expected to be performed to as long as it is within the capability and level of the position
Who are we looking for?
We want to see people who are professionally educated – Payroll Technicians Certificate, working towards CIPP diploma / professional qualification Payroll and Payroll software experience in Company/s with 300 plus employees
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge, experience and use of Payroll & HR Software alongside a good working experience, knowledge and skill in the use of Microsoft Office suite of software particularly Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot Table an advantage).
Knowledge of HMRC and Pension Regulations would be advantageous but is not essential. You will however, have dealt with outside agencies such as HMRC, the DWP and local authorities.
You will be able to enter data quickly and accurately as well as be able to deal with high volumes of data input and the collection of personal data from employees.
Excellent Communication is also important, both verbal and written skills alongside being an accurate note taker. A high level of discretion and confidentiality with the ability to assert yourself when required will be required, as is a genuine hands on and ‘can-do attitude’
It goes without saying that you must be numerate and have a passion for detail.