Payroll and HR Support Team Leader - 12-15 month FTC
Henlee Resourcing is working in partnership with this highly specialised / niche Organisation based near Abingdon / Didcot to recruit an experienced Payroll and HR Support Team Leader for a 12-15 month fixed term contract to cover for maternity.
You will be responsible for leading the payroll and HR Support Team function, ensuring that the Support Team service provision (including monthly payroll) is appropriately governed and compliant, and delivers excellent customer service to employees and managers.
- Team Leadership of Payroll and HR Support, including management of team recruitment, team training and competence, development and performance management
- Responsible for improving / maintaining standard of HR Support Team activities (including administration of career break, maternity leave, sickness absence etc) ensuring excellent customer service and high quality of output and adherence to service-level agreements
- Subject matter expert on monthly payroll and payroll claims database arrangements.
- Responsible for managing the monthly payroll process, ensuring compliance and that payroll errors are monitored and reduced and improvements to process / guidance / arrangements are implemented
- Ownership of audit actions relating to Payroll and HR Support function and responsible for timely close out / identification of system improvements to address actions
- Ensuring that all HR user guidance / checklists / templates are kept up-to-date and are utilised appropriately by Payroll and Support team
- Responsible for ensuring that the Payroll and HR Support Assistants are competent in using the systems appropriately including effective reporting capability
- Ensuring that KPIs are met and issues with service identified
- Responsible for ensuring effective interaction between the Payroll and Support function and external functions such as pension administration to ensure that all communication processes are appropriate and effective
- Responsible for ensuring effective partnership between the Payroll and Administration function and HR Advisors / Business Partners
- Responsible for overseeing production of regular operational / compliance metrics (i.e. missing sick notes, missing return to work forms, over-due probation action) and ensuring that non-compliance issues are followed up
- Contribute to HR projects as required
Skills / qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of payroll arrangements / working with an external payroll provider
- Team Leadership experience
- Experience in a customer service / service delivery environment
- Experience of using HR / organisation ERP systems
- Knowledge of Employment Law
- CIPD qualification or equivalent experience
- Advanced skills with Excel (report, manipulate data), Word and Outlook
If you are looking for a challenging role, can commit to 12-15 months and possess the above competencies, we are keen to hear from you.
Henlee Resourcing is a specialist full service human resources recruitment consultancy operating across the South West, M3 / M4 / M5 corridors.