Global Law Firm - L&D Officer
Your new company
This international law firm has over 100 partners and 700 staff. With offices across the UK, Asia and the Middle East, they're global reach has lead them to become one of the most sought after firms.
They cover a diverse range of industry sectors such as distribution, finance, property, health and leisure and constriction.
Your new role
The HR department is the company's central support for all 800+ staff as is vital in the continued progression of the firms success. Assisting the team of 4 L&D professionals, you will be tasked with delivering first class learning and development initiatives for the firm's apprenticeship programme
- Day-to-day running of the firm's apprentice programme for paralegals and business support staff
- Running and assistance in designing skills training and induction programmes
- Liaising with other areas of firm on sessions including diversity and inclusion, and wellbeing
- Assessing training needs and recommending interventions
- Assisting with queries on Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Competence Scheme
- Ensuring compliance training is run successfully and completed
- Using psychometric tools for L&D purposes
- Overseeing bookings of external training
- Delivering occasional training sessions
- Keeping intranet updated for L&D
- Travel to other UK offices and support to international offices
- Attending training committee meetings
- Other ad hoc duties as discussed with the Head of Learning & Development
You will need to have:
- Experience in a legal or professional services industry (essential)
- A passion for learning and development
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- A strong team player with a positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- A self-starter with plenty of initiative
- Enthusiasm and robustness
- Strong attention to detail
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.