Head of HR
7 days left
- Full Time
A luxury fashion retailer with offices in Wimbledon are looking for a Head of HR to join their wider Human Resources and Personnel team
A luxury fashion retailer with offices in Wimbledon
The Role of the Head of HR:
Reports to the Brand CEO with a strong dotted line to the Group HR Director. Responsible for the leadership and delivery of a commercially focussed HR and Learning and Development function for a customer focussed fashion business . Expected to proactively contribute to both the commercial agenda of the company and the People/Culture agenda of the Group. Must develop a very strong and effective working relationship with the HR support functions.
- Responsible for having the right people in the right place at the right time
- Effectively managing time to recruit, labour turnover and cost of hire while ensuring that all colleagues have the right attitude, as well as the right skills
- Own all induction and on-boarding arrangements in the business.
- Proactively contribute to the organisational design of the firm, ensuring that a lean and effective organisation is in place to deliver current and future business needs
- Lead regular succession planning exercises across the business to ensure that all roles have identified successors and the business has a strong pipeline of talent
- Responsible for producing monthly reporting to the Group HR Director and CEO
- Establish metrics to monitor trends, communicate progress and measure success
Leadership and Management Development
- Proactively identify leadership and management development needs and work with the Group HR Director and Learning and Development to create and deliver robust and effective programmes and interventions
- Ensure all managers understand the business's core values and behaviours, and are able to apply them consistently across the business when leading and managing teams
- Ensure all managers have the necessary technical and commercial skills to succeed in their roles
- Coach and support managers across the business
- Leadership and management of all employee relations issues, across a wide group of colleagues ensuring line managers have the appropriate skills and advice required to deliver a consistently fair and productive working environment
- Ensure professional knowledge, practice and compliance is demonstrated to ensure the business is duly protected from potential tribunal claims
- Implement, own and manage the Performance and Development Review (appraisal) process within the business
- Ensure that consistently good performance and behaviour is both recognised and rewarded and that poor performance or behaviour is addressed promptly and fairly
Skills and Experience for the Head of HR:
- Will have worked in an HR management role in a fast-moving fashion business.
- Proven experience of running a commercially focussed HR team and contributing to the business agenda in a customer facing business (ideally retail).
- Able to work effectively with colleagues to create a "joined up" approach to development, resourcing and policy across the Group.
- Able to provide effective advice and guidance to senior line managers while maintaining a strong and effective working relationship where managers want to seek advice.
- Proven ability to advise coach and encourage a team of senior managers, store managers and HR colleagues.
- Very good project management skills.
- Able to prioritise, organise, and report back accurately and concisely.
- Has vision and creativity and the ability to constructively challenge conventional thinking.
- Strong decision maker, agile and resilient are characteristics that are vital to being successful in the role