Senior HR Consultant
The role is full-time and is home-based with frequent travel to schools within Essex and surrounding counties. There will be the occasional need to work from our offices in Chelmsford.
Juniper Education is the leading provider of world-class pupil tracking software (Target Tracker and Optimum O-Track) and training and professional services to the education sector which enhance the effectiveness of schools and improve outcomes for learners.
We are looking for an experienced Senior HR Consultant to join our highly successful team delivering advice and consultancy services to schools. You will manage relationships with customers to support their HR needs, including change management, complex case work and training, and also contribute to the growth and development of the overall service offer. You must have a proven track record in first line advice and support, be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. Experience in the education sector and mediation training preferred but not essential.
- To be responsible and accountable for the resolution of complex HR issues in customer schools and academies using high level interpersonal and influencing skills to guide stakeholders to ensure appropriate outcomes.
- To provide a comprehensive strategic and operational HR advice and consultancy service to customers in accordance with legislation, policies, procedures and current best practice.
- To develop and manage partnerships and client relationships in a designated area, ensuring contact and high-quality working relationships between the service and customers is maintained.
- To mentor, guide, train and support HR Consultants to ensure consistent, quality services to customers, particularly in relation to case work.
- To deliver a comprehensive, proactive, flexible and robust HR advice and support service to customers for complex case and project work.
- To work with senior leaders in schools and academies to identify, plan and project manage the implementation of strategic HR initiatives including restructuring and reorganisation of services.
- To work with senior leaders of Multi Academy Trusts to plan, develop and manage effective and efficient strategic and operational HR initiatives. Plan and co-ordinate HR activity across MATs.
- To work with senior leaders in Local Authorities as required to plan and project manage the HR aspects of strategic school reorganisation projects including school closures, amalgamations, federations and academy conversions.
- Make decisions, and advise customers, on appropriate HR interventions ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and appropriate management of risk.
- To provide coaching, training and mentoring for school/academy leaders and other customers to improve management capability.
- To manage and support the work of HR Consultants on specific cases/projects.
- To lead and manage high profile Safeguarding cases, in line with statutory and local procedures, liaising with Police, LADO and other agencies as required.
- To support the conversion of schools to Academy status including planning and managing the TUPE process in this and other situations, ensuring legal frameworks are adhered to.
- To attend meetings and hearings as required, using high level interpersonal skills to give advice and support on HR matters, advising on risk.
- To undertake investigations on behalf of customers as required.
- To actively seek feedback from customers on service content and quality and use information to improve own practice and inform overall service delivery.
- To take a lead in managing negotiations with Trade Union
- To be proactive in marketing, selling and promoting services to new and existing customers, identifying and securing new business as required to meet service targets and objectives. Design and deliver new services in conjunction with colleagues across Juniper Education.
- To maintain and develop, subject expertise, using knowledge, experience and high-level interpersonal skills to support customers and colleagues.
- To represent the employer in its HR related functions or otherwise ensure they are carried out, including working with Legal Services to manage ET cases.
- To maintain appropriate records of case work, including maintenance of relevant databases.
- To provide information and reports as required for the effective planning, operation and management of the service.
- To ensure adherence to budgetary controls and processes, particularly in respect of expenditure on terminations and charges for service.
- To design and deliver training for:
- School/academy etc. leaders and managers
- Colleagues in HR and others as required.
- To contribute, as required, to the development and review of policies, procedures, guidance and practice for schools and the schools’ HR function.
- To assist in the recording, monitoring and reporting of financial and other data.
- To make effective use of all available HR resources to ensure that they can be organised and used appropriately in delivering identified outcomes.
- Lead the delivery of commissioned projects by the service to meet agreed outcomes and work collaboratively to deliver.
- Participate in the performance and development review process, take personal responsibility for the identification of learning and development opportunities and reflect on training needs for discussion with the line manager.
- The Duties of the post may be changed and/or varied to meet changing circumstances at the discretion of the Line Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- CIPD qualified or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Significant proven experience in managing and advising on complex case work and projects in a customer orientated environment
- Ability to manage own time effectively with conflicting demands in a high-pressure environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills, including training, coaching and mentoring
- Formal mediation training and experience desired
- Experience of building and managing client relationships, supporting strategic and operational HR interventions
Apply for Senior HR Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly