HR Assistant - Stoke on Trent
Your new company
My client are a leading care sector business with multiple sites in Stoke on Trent and have experienced a period of significant growth over the last 12 months. They are now looking to hire their first dedicated HR professional to support the management team with all generalist aspects of HR, based out of their site in Fenton.
Your new role
As HR Assistant, you will ensure all day to day people related processes are carried out in accordance with business needs and external requirements, with the aim to increase organisational performance through people. Be an ambassador of HR across the business.
- Administration of all pay related activities (starters, leavers, changes) onto Xero, Spreadsheets and data bases
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data to central payroll (holidays, Sickness, New Starters)
- Analysis of full employee lifecycle and resource costs to inc. recruitment activity, absence, employee relations, leavers, overtime and to provide key HR metrics data
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to HR activities (staffing, recruitment, training, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Compile and update employee records (electronic and manual copies) ensuring compliance with GDPR, Visas, DBS checks. Maintain HR data base monthly - accurate and up-to-date
- Administration and co-ordination of all on-boarding activities throughout the employee life cycle
- Provide effective and proactive HR advice and guidance, particularly in respect of employee relations, rewards, training, development and resourcing to management and employees
- Proactive support and advice to line managers in all aspects of employee relations: disciplinary and grievance, attendance management and performance reviews
- Provide support and advice to line managers in respect of recruitment and resourcing
- Proactive support and advice to whistleblowing policies and procedures
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR function and duties. Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.) as required
- Processing reference requests for ex-employees and new starters
- Proactive support and advice with employees probation period
- Manage relationships with third parties (temporary staff agencies, training providers, health services providers, public services etc.) Check and process invoices in a timely manner
- To undertake any other duties as required to meet the needs of the business
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be CIPD Level 3 qualified or studying towards or have previous experience in a HR position, including providing guidance and advice to Managers., You will be a strong influencer who can effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation, have strong organisation skills with good attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency with the ability to prioritise and focus to recognise critical path activities and achieve business goals and objectives
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and multitasking skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exhibit excellent judgement, decision and discretion abilities
- Must be assertive, highly organised, detail oriented, with ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of HRIS and computer systems including MS Office, Word and Excel, databases and programs
- Capable of quickly demonstrating influencing skills and abilities
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of c£18,000-£19,000 dependant on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.