Occupational Health Nurse
Vacancy: Occupational Health Nurse
Job family: EHS
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced OH Nurse to join the team in Royston.
The purpose of the job is to provide support to the OH Administrator, OH Technicians, OH Nurse and OH Manager by participating in the development and maintenance of a full OH service for all employees of the Company. It is to add value to the JM business through the protection, maintenance and improvement of employee health. This is achieved by supporting the OH Strategy and in the planning, implementation and administration of Health Surveillance programmes/other screening across the organisation. To further develop this role in line with departmental strategy.
- Deliver and administer the Health Surveillance/Screening programmes in line with Company and Departmental policies and procedures;
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times in line with departmental policy;
- Maintaining up-to date and accurate manual and computerised records for OH in accordance with Data Protection, Medical Confidentiality and Company requirements.
- To educate JM employees in the Occupational Health standards and requirements of the Company, to raise levels of compliance;
- To asses an individual’s immunity to certain diseases and where appropriate give advice, administer appropriate tests or administer vaccinations to employees consistent with current departmental protocols and Department of Health guidelines;
- To assess individuals fitness to work by reviewing paper based Health questionnaires and by performing new employment health screening interviews;
- Carry out workplace assessments and advise Managers in line with relevant H&S legislation;
- To assist in the development of proactive and reactive programmes to deliver health promotion, work ability and employee wellness activities for all employees across the business;
- To build and maintain working relationships with HR, Senior Managers, Health and Safety personnel and all JM employees;
- Assist with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for all services delivered within the department;
- To participate in and support activities within the OH Department including departmental audit;
- To participate in JM’s development process and take responsibility for identifying your own developmental needs;
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of on-going issues within the OH department in order to provide assistance to the wider JM business, should the need arise;
- Participate in relevant in-house training and induction programmes for new and existing employees;
- Identify opportunities for improvement in clinical procedures and escalate as appropriate.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have/be:
- A Registered Nurse (NMC) with at least 3 years post registration experience;
- Proficient in working with Microsoft packages and have strong IT skills, preferable use of OPAS or similar OH Database;
- Previous experience within a OH role would be advantageous;
- Have sound knowledge of H&S legislation;
- Have experience within an industrial environment would be advantageous.