An exciting 6 month opportunity for a HR Manager to hit the ground running within a busy, fast paced, changing environment.
A prestigious Multi Academy Trust based in Surrey
HR Manager - 6 month FTC - Effingham, Surrey
Directly responsible for the Human Resources Operation and Payroll Department.
Oversee the strategic and day-to-day operations of the Department ensuring a professional and pro-active HR service for all schools within the Trust.
Operational management of the employee life cycle processes and first line support in line with employment and safeguarding legislation and in accordance with policies and procedures.
Managing the transition of HR processes to support a new management information system.
The role holder will be responsible for managing the HR team with 4 direct reports (HR Advisors and Co-ordinators). The HR Advisors and Co-ordinators are supported by an HR Assistant.
Analysis, Reporting & Documentation
- Assess or conduct analysis, presenting results and putting forward recommendations on managing more complex situations to support decision making.
- Analyse and make recommendations for improvement or development of existing systems,processes or policy.
Customer Service & Support
- Maintain, develop and review systems, processes, procedures and working methods to maximise service delivery, quality, efficiency and compliance.
- Provide specialist/professional advice and recommendations within defined policy/strategy and procedures to support informed decision making.
Planning & Organising
- Plan workloads and secure resources to enable the team/s to achieve a quality service.
- Lead projects and reviews within a defined area of work as directed by manager to support and enhance service delivery.
- May manage a team operating in a well-defined specialist area or oversee the delivery of a range of support services to a service or function.
- Monitor and support the performance management and development of team members to ensure that individual contributions are maximised.
- Operate as an individual responsible for the delivery of a high level and complex service.
HR Manager - 6 month FTC - Effingham, Surrey
Education & knowledge required
Degree qualified, or significant vocational experience demonstrating development through involvement in a series of progressively more demanding relevant work/roles.
Professional qualification, or able to evidence knowledge and understanding of appropriate business disciplines such as HR, finance, law, marketing, communications.
Comprehensive knowledge of computerised business systems in terms of functionality and capability (some roles).
Knowledge of principles, practices, policies and procedures relating to business planning and financial and organisational management.
Proven written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with good negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners/professionals.
Ability to understand, meet and exceed customer expectations.
Proven problem-solving skills, and the ability to exercise high levels of initiative to devise and implement workable solutions.
Proven ability to manage a range of projects through to completion.
Significant practical or professional experience and understanding of business, supporting service teams and/or providing support to the public.
Previous management experience including staff supervision, development and organisational skills.
The role holder will need to be degree qualified and have reached membership status of the CIPD (level 7).
They will need to have experience of working in Education and a Multi-Academy Trust with proven experience of leading and managing a team in a fast-paced working environment. They will need to be flexible, adaptable, proactive with strong organisation skills and eye for detail.
They will need to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
They will need to be familiar with MS office and applications.
Experience of working with PS people would be advantageous but not essential.
The successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A fast paced, busy HR Manager role on a 6 month FTC basis with potential to extend.
Based in Effingham, Surrey
£40,000 per annum - pro rata'd over 6 months