Job title: People Director
Reports to: Group CEO
A little bit about us:
The Activate Group of companies specialise in accident management services and partner with some of the country’s best-known fleet providers and insurers to service hundreds of thousands of claims a year. Services include FNOL, TPI, repair triage and management and total loss settlements.
Companies in the group include: sopp+sopp, Motor Repair Network, Sopp Parts and Activate Accident Repair. Based in the UK and founded in 2015, Activate Group employs more than 300 people, with sites in Halifax, Leeds, Peterborough, Glasgow and Birmingham.
Following a series of new client wins and incremental growth, the group’s call centre operations and dedicated repair centres are experiencing rapid growth, which is set to continue into 2021. With headcount expected to reach 1000 team members by the end of next year.
We are now looking for an experienced and dynamic HR professional to lead on the people and culture of the organisation, while shaping effective people strategy including recruitment, HR policy and L&D.
The role will report into the group CEO and will work alongside the SLT to deliver the HR vision to become an Employer of Choice. This is a hands-on leadership role, with full accountability for the success of the people function across the group.
As the People Director you will be responsible for:
- Leading, developing and coaching the HR and L&D teams
- Overseeing recruitment programmes
- Shaping and delivering team member on-boarding programmes
- Pay and remuneration
- Mentoring and guidance to the SLT and Board
- Structuring performance management
- Team member engagement and recognition
- Team member benefits programs
- Talent development and management
- Succession planning
- HR data and MI
- HR governance and regulatory compliance
- Working with the Board to embed the group’s values by coaching the SLT and developing team member review programmes
- Diversity and inclusion
- On-going training and development programmes
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing to a maximum of 28 with service
- Health Shield - cash health plan for all
- Annual pay review
- Bonus scheme
- Life assurance: three times basic salary
- Free breakfast cereals and milk daily*
- Free fruit – every Monday*
- French Friday – weekly pastries*
- Annual summer and Christmas parties*
*Subject to COVID-19 restrictions
Activate Group – Vision Mission and Values
To be the transformational leader in accident management
We will set the standard in accident management with innovative services, driven by client need, powered by technology, and delivered by passionate people.
Take responsibility for your bit, own it, follow through.
We get the best results when we work together.
STRIVE FOR BETTER
Get better every day – make small improvements, often.
FROM THE HEART
We have a big heart. We care for each other and our customers.
MAKE IT HAPPEN
We like to take the initiative, work fast and get stuff done.