Head of Human Resources (Education)
A fantastic opportunity to join a HR team and work to manage the smooth running of the HR function both strategically and operationally. This role will suit someone with a strong background in education, but will also suit someone with proven ability to working well with Senior Management and the Board of Directors. A CIPD Level 7 is highly desirable for this role, but proven experience in education would suffice too.
My client are based in Sevenoaks.
- Be a key contact for senior stakeholders and heads of department
- Provide coaching and guidance to line managers on a variety of HR matters including ER cases and people management
- Ensure a high level of compliance and updated employment legislation
- Proactively review HR policies and procedures in line with current best practice
- Manage appraisal and induction processes
- Manage ER cases such as disciplinaries, grievances, investigations, performance management, absences etc.
- Take over and complete the new system implementation
- Manage recruitment processes and oversee a recruitment assistant
- Manage a small team
- Monitor the HR budget
- Work alongside Payroll to resolve any staff queries
- Other adhoc responsibilities as and when required.
- You will ideally have experience working in the education sector
- You will ideally have proven experience of system implementation
- You will have managed a team in previous roles
- You will be CIPD Level 7 qualified, or have a demonstrable practical experience at a similar level
- You will be robust, adaptable and approachable
- You will be able to work full time only, with availability/flexibility to work more hours if required.