People Assistant- Training and Induction
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting start-up manufacturing business. The People Assistant role will focus on the training, onboarding & induction of the team members at the new kitchen facility in Doncaster. This role is crucial to ensuring the people development is in place from Day 1. The successful candidate will be instrumental in designing and delivering the training program focusing both on technical and behavioural aspects.
Our mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, we need a team of forward-thinking, driven people who love dogs as much as we do. And we need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why we've built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where our tasty meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way we see it, we wouldn't serve food to our dogs that we wouldn't be happy to eat ourselves. We think dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
We've come a long way since Kev & Dave hand-delivered the first product, and we're now looking for brilliant people who share our ambition to join us for this next part of our story.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Applications will be forwarded to our exclusive recruitment partner at Michael Page.
- The interview process will be in three stages: video interview with recruitment consultant, video interview with hiring manager, face to face interview with hiring manager and senior leadership team.
- The client supports equal opportunity and inclusion in the workplace and welcome all applicants.
- We aim to respond to all applicants with feedback on their application within two weeks.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting start-up dog food manufacturing business. The People Assistant role will focus on the training, onboarding & induction of the team members at the new kitchen facility (Rudie's Kitchen) in Doncaster. This role is crucial to ensuring that the Butternut focus on people development is in place from Day 1 at the new kitchen. The successful candidate will be instrumental in designing and delivering the training program focusing both on technical and behavioural aspects.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for training content, training design & delivery, and maintenance.
- Creating engaging technical, values based and leadership training programs to meet key requirements for new team members
- Maintaining ongoing training standards for existing team members ensuring a development focused (#striveforbetter) and performance driven team
- Creating a competency assessment profile for individuals in order to inform training profile needs at an individual level
- Conducting analysis of course feedback and developing course improvement plans
- Assessing training needs within the business and making training recommendations
Training Design & Delivery
- Designing and creating course content for classroom and online delivery in partnership with engineering, quality and EH&S standards
- Scheduling training across the business and meeting requirements of regulatory bodies
- Delivering technical, values based and leadership training to employees as part of one holistic training program for ongoing individual development
- Maintaining training records for all employees, designing a mechanism for refresher training to maintain standards and evolving training processes in line with identified new ways of working
- Assisting with the facilitation of external training programs being executed onsite, for example, operative training for new business set ups and administration in relation to organisation of these
- Working in partnership with managers to identify individual and organisation training gaps, additional support required and individual competency development opportunities
- Loves dogs (naturally)
- Pragmatic, adaptable, resilient and humble
- Passionate about creating and promoting a people-focused culture with quality at its heart
- Hungry for a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up
- Experience with a blend of designing and delivering a variety of training campaigns
- An accomplished storyteller - ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders, of all levels of hierarchy
- Relevant qualifications in L&D (CIPD)
- Ideally have experience of working in a food manufacturing facility
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Employee discount.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST