Henlee Resourcing is working in partnership with this well-respected Academic Facility based near Abingdon to recruit an experienced HR Manager. The role is permanent, however as it is an urgent requirement the organisation is looking to hire on an initial 6-month basis, however for the right person this could result in a permanent hire.
The purpose of the role is to develop, manage and deliver the HR Operations for the organisation, aligning HR practice to the goals and to contribute to the overall HR strategy. The HR function acts as a central HR advisory service for best practice and quality as well as playing an active role in the strategic development as a whole. The HR Manager will be expected to take a hands-on approach and to deliver a comprehensive service that is highly responsive and promotes best practice.
- Design and shape the HR functional plans with external HR consultancy support, as required, to meet the vision in terms of its people agenda
- Continuously review and evaluate the performance of the HR function in line with business needs and recommend and make changes to structure, roles, systems & processes as agreed with the CEO Support the implementation through training and coaching as required
- Provide a quality 'day to day' HR service in line with agreed expectations and service levels covering all aspects of the employee life cycle from recruitment through to exit
- Provide practical coaching, guidance & support as necessary to people managers, especially in the area of employee relations
- Ensure HR policies practices & processes are fit for purpose in terms of remuneration, recruitment and compliance. Recommendations should be easily understood and implemented fairly and in a quality and timely manner for example, reference, DBS checking and SCR compliance
- Provide legally compliant letters, contracts and other HR documentation as required
- Ensure that accurate and timely payroll information is provided to Finance, as required
- Contribute to the internal communications strategies to foster employee engagement, specifically in terms of content for the website and internal intranet sites
- Ensure that advice and guidance is readily available for Heads and SLT members to ensure that their staff remain motivated and rewarded and can foster good employee relations
- Provide the Finance team with information to achieve effective budgeting and payroll costing / forecasting
- Foster external relationship building for benchmarking and networking purposes
- Participate in CIPD activities to ensure that best practice filters into the function to enhance the HR functional development
Ideally you will be CIPD fully qualified, however what is more important is your "hand-on" ability at a time of change, coupled with a high emotional intelligence, strong written and verbal communication skills as well as demonstrable experience associated with managing the HR function - interviewing, mediation, performance management, training & facilitation, change management, management training and coaching.
If you are looking for an interesting "hands-on" role in an extremely interesting and diverse environment and possess the above competencies, we are keen to hear from you.
Henlee Resourcing is a specialist full service human resources recruitment consultancy operating across the South West, M3 / M4 / M5 corridors.