Operations Trainee Manager
To follow a management development programme gaining the knowledge and experience required for promotion to a management position under the direction and guidance of experienced personnel. This is a hands-on development opportunity where you will work in each department to acquire a full understanding of each function and build credibility by doing the job you will one day manage.
The client is a well established business based in Sale who are recruiting on a permanent basis for a Trainee operations manager to join a fantastic establishment.
The Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Receive training and perform duties in several departments such as Finance, Customer Support, Production, Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, Operations, HR, Quality and IT
- To gain a full understanding of the function and operation of each Department within the business
- Learn various line and staff functions, including operations, management viewpoints and company policies and practices affecting each area of business.
- Meet performance goals and objectives set by upper management and determined upon acceptance of position
- Lead or assist in special projects as set by upper management
- Report on a pre-determined basis on progress of goals and objectives
- Provide support as needed in the various departments, including reporting, data-entry, presentation creation, strategic planning, customer service as needed
The Successful candidate will have/be
- Graduate calibre - evidence of higher learning (ideally Degree) or equivalent through work experience
- 2+ years experience in Operations
- A quick learner, motivated towards career growth within our business
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence and interact effectively with a wide range of staff and customers
- Strong written, analytical and presentation skills
- Resourceful, well organised with demonstrable leadership potential
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Manufacturing background is essential
A Salary of £25,000-£30,000 + Holiday Pay.