HR Manager - Contact Centre
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join the leadership team of an exciting, fast-paced Contact Centre in Derby.
Part of a global business process outsourcing organisation, the Contact Centre in Derby is home to around 1,000 staff, primarily operational, servicing a high-profile household name from an inbound and outbound perspective.
This a truly generalist HR Manager position in which you will be partnering with the site General Manager to deliver an end-to-end HR service.
Managing a team of four HR Officers, an HR Administrator, two Engagement Executives and three Resourcers and reporting into the VP HR (UK), you will have ample support to deliver against your objectives.
Duties will include:
- HR strategy development and implementation, including Recruitment & Retention, Engagement, Policy & Governance, Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefits and Learning & Development
- Provision of timely, commercial and legally-compliant HR advice to line managers across the site
- Supporting line managers to develop their people management capability and enhance their ability to effectively deal with low-level HR issues themselves
- Talent development and succession planning to ensure the retention of high potential individuals
- Proactive management of employee relations, including acting as a point of escalation for your HR Officers - including investigations, hearings, disciplinaries and dismissals
- Driving a fast-paced, commercial and above all, fun, working culture to support the delivery of commercial outcomes on the sales floor
- Lead on company-wide HR projects and interface effectively with counterparts at other sites and in other territories
- To ensure employee wellbeing to drive retention and improve employee engagement
You will be an enthusiastic, approachable, high-energy HR professional who enjoys fast-paced, high-pressure working environments. Experience in a Contact Centre environment would be highly advantageous - there's no place quite like a bustling sales floor!
You will have experience of managing HR teams and partnering at a senior level; likewise you will be comfortable in interfacing across all levels of the business.
You will be pragmatic, commercial and outcome-focused, with experience of driving engagement and building positive working cultures.
In addition to fantastic working environment and a brilliant team beneath you, this role offers:
- A competitive salary of £40-50k depending on experience (including Contact Centre experience)
- Up to 10% bonus
- Matched company pension
- 29 days holiday including statutory holidays, rising by one day per year of experience up to 34 days (the operation is open on Bank Holidays so these are not separated out)
- A flexible working environment with the scope to work from home regularly - although a high level of physical presence and visibility is a requirement due to the 'sales floor' culture of the organisation
- Private healthcare plan
- Paid sick leave
- Subsidised on-site canteen, free parking and fun break-out areas including pool table and ping-pong
- Another very special and unique benefit that I can tell you about when we speak!