6 days left
- Full Time
Actuarial Modeller / Brighton / Financial Services
A leading Brighton based organisation are seeking an Actuarial Modeller on a permanent basis.
As Actuarial Modeller you will:
- Take overall responsibility for the design, maintenance, process and outputs associated with actuarial and other financial modelling. This includes;
- Governance of data from various sources into the modelling process and
management of actuarial data.
- Manage and update existing actuarial models, in particular with reference to
pension liability and asset value calculations and projections.
- Development of new actuarial, financial and other models to assist actuarial team
and other key stakeholders.
- Reporting of actuarial modelling findings to internal stakeholders
- Propose and review assumptions and actuarial methodology underlying actuarial
- Maintain up to date process and control documentation to maintain professional
requirements and quality assurance
- Provide advice in respect of the uses and limitations of the output from models.
- Identify shortcomings and provide solutions which mitigate risks of shortcomings
in data and software, highlighting model risk and proposing solutions to mitigate
and manage such risks.
- Support the actuarial modelling team, other teams and practices in respect of technical actuarial queries, actuarial assumptions, modelling solutions and IT system issues.
- Prioritise tasks across multiple work-streams.
- Research key areas of emerging risk (both short and long term) and provide advice in relation to the scale of the issues (including use of modelling) and provide recommendations for mitigations and next steps.
- Member of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries with a minimum level of experience (qualifications) equivalent to those of a Certified Actuarial Analyst
- Ability to demonstrate significant relevant pensions and modelling experience showing strength, breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial modelling principles, statistical and mathematical theories and the practical approaches for application in UK DB pension scheme funding, funding methodologies and strategies that affect DB schemes' funding.
- Experience of managing projects requiring the need to take a proactive approach and to prioritise competing requests upon their own time, plan, organise, coordinate on behalf of the customer and to direct the overall project and delivery of outputs to time and to the needs of the customer.
- Proven experience of reviewing, managing and applying appropriate governance standards over large actuarial data sets.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, ideally including programming in VBA and other languages for application to actuarial modelling, willing to adapt to new software as needed
Upwards from £46000 + Benefits + home working