Employee Relations Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
Employee Relations Specialist/Swansea/Contact Centre/up to £30,000
Your new company
Hays HR are proud to recruit exclusively, for our client in Swansea, who are looking at appoint an Employee Relations Specialist. You will report into the HR Shared Service Manager at this hugely successful and fast paced business. Work within a team of 5 HR Professionals who provide coaching,advice and guidance on the people policies and processes for the Managers and Employees throughout the Group. Based in Swansea, you will support two head offices with a headcount of circa 600. This is truly a fantastic opportunity to join at a very exciting period of growth.
Your new role
- Effective monitoring of sickness absence, working closely with managers to facilitate a proactive approach to absence management supporting a smooth and swift return to work.
- Managing the long term absence process including the PHI process.
- Advising managers on our Family friendly policies and supporting employees through the process e.g. Maternity, Paternity, Adoption etc.
- Conduct Exit Interviews, reviewing and analysing MI, providing feedback to the Senior HR team.
- Review and update of HR policies, processes and procedures in line with current employment legislation as required.
- Work with the wider HR team to support Managers with ER cases including investigation, disciplinary and grievance support
- Actively support the Engagement initiatives, i.e. Health and Wellbeing and Reward and Recognition.
- Responsible for Providing regular People KPI reports (headcount, absence management, turnover, ER issues etc.), undertake trend analysis and respond to ad hoc reporting requests .
- In conjunction with the HR Advisor (Recruitment) on an ongoing basis ensure our HR reporting tools remain appropriate and relevant and redesign reports to ensure they are fit for purpose and provide analysis that will enable the business to understand the root causes of key people measures
- Work with the HR Business Partners to support the continuous improvement of HR Practices, developing and implementing HR Policies, procedures and systems.
- Play a pivotal role in the delivery of HR Projects and initiatives through measurement, provision of data and analytical input
- In conjunction with the HR Shared Services team maintain the HR Information System and personnel files.
- To provide support and cover for the HR Advisor (Recruitment) and the HR & Payroll Apprentice as required.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as required by line management
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working within a fast paced environment in a HR Advisory role.
- Current knowledge and HR processes and practices in line with employment legislation
- Experience of HR analytics supporting the delivery of People MI, initiatives and projects
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Attention to detail/accuracy.
- In depth Excel (minimum pivot tables and lookups) and data analysis skills combined with the ability to interpret and present data in a clear and easy to understand manner
- Appreciation of Data protection regulation
Desirable attributes to succeed
- Studying towards a CIPD qualification
- Ability to develop plans and take through to action - engaging relevant stakeholders and managing expectations around timing, process etc.
- Ability to build strong relations with internal clients and in the external marketplace.
- Highly self-motivated and conscientious person.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multinational, matrix environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and be delivery focused
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates the capacity to manage changing priorities and ambiguity while remaining calm and controlled
- Communicates a "can do" attitude and positive outlook.
- Uses initiative to find creative solutions
- Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills.
- Proactive and capable of working as a member of a team as well as independently
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary/Benefits Package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Employee Relations Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly