Job start: 04/01/2021 (or as near to date as possible)
Salary: N10 £42,821-£46,845 FTE (30 hours actual £34,257 - £37,476)
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Prosper Learning Trust are seeking an exceptional candidate to appoint as our HR Manager. The successful candidate will be forward thinking, and preferably have previous schools/education HR experience. You will be suitably qualified, highly motivated, positive, emotionally intelligent and enthusiastic about contributing to this growing organisation.
Prosper Learning Trust was formed in January 2018 and currently consists of four schools
- Newcastle Bridges School – Alternative Provision Academy (Newcastle)
- Mary Astell Academy – Alternative Provision Academy (Newcastle)
- Thomas Bewick School – Special School Academy (Newcastle)
- Harry Watts Academy – Special School Academy (Sunderland)
We are an ambitious growing Trust and will open a new Special Free School in Northumberland in September 2022.
This is an extremely exciting time in the development of Prosper Learning Trust with this appointment seen as crucial in increasing leadership capacity to enable the organisation to move forward with its strategic growth plans.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To provide a professional and efficient HR service.
- To support and advise the CEO, Trust Board, Headteachers and Heads of Schools, the Trust Board and Local Advisory Committees and senior staff on a range of employee resourcing and relations’ issues as well as terms and conditions of employment.
- To develop, implement and manage a Trust wide HR Strategy.
- Responsible for the provision of a comprehensive range of employment services including advice, maintaining effective records, contract management, writing reports/policies/letters, appraisal.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong, persuasive, influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently.
- A professional HR qualification (i.e. CIPD).
- Excellent skills in strategic planning and management of human resources.
We offer the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to work with a dedicated, innovative and focused team of staff who are passionate about ensuring that every pupil achieves their full potential
- The opportunity to work within an organisation that has strong governance and accountability structures
- The opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- The support and resources from a considerate and supportive Trust
- The opportunity to help shape the strategic direction of the organisation
- Professional support from the Trust and other leaders within the organisation
The role will be based initially at one of Prosper’s academies. Travel between school sites will be required.
We would be delighted to welcome you to our wonderful organisation. If you would like to speak to Mark Jones, CEO, about the role please email Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0191 2296020 and select option 7.
Prosper is an Equal Opportunities employer and is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service and go through a range of other recruitment checks.
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com or by post to Prosper Learning Trust, Linhope Road, West Denton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE5 2LW by the closing date, by post. Please mark your application “Private and Confidential”.
Closing date for applications: 22nd November 2020
Interviews will be held: 26th November 2020