Organisational Development Manager
Organisational Development Manager
Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the ‘comprehensive CAMHS system’.
As the Organisational Development Manager, you will be working with the Director of People and Culture as the central strategic resource for developing a corporate OD strategy. This will be linked to our People Strategy, core values and business priorities, that reflect Place2Be’s culture. You will be responsible for defining an organisational approach to leadership and management development, performance management and wider L and D interventions related to Place2Be’s aim to become a learning organisation.
You will bring passion and strong attention to detail and communications skills to the team during this exciting period of opportunity for the organisation.
Hours: 35hrs p/w
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
- design and deliver OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions that will support a high-performance culture
- lead on the development of innovative OD and learning and development initiatives and programmes; to continue the development of Place2Be’s leadership and management capability
- focus on transforming and strengthening Place2Be’s values and championing the behaviours that define Place2Be’ s culture.
- develop and deliver effective learning and development programmes and organisational development initiatives.
- oversee and manage the Apprenticeship Levy through engaging with Directors and senior managers on development opportunities for both groups and individuals
The successful candidate will have:
- CIPD qualified in OD or Learning and Development
- strong ability to engage with range of stakeholders, using influencing, relationship management and partnership working
- experience of designing and managing leadership and management development programmes
- development and embedding of OD and learning initiatives across multi-functional workforce
- previous experience of overseeing Apprentice Levy across multi-functional workforce
- the ability present complex ideas and initiatives, taking on-board different needs and requirements across Directorates
Closing Date: Monday 30th November 2020
Interview Date: Tuesday 08th December 2020 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
To APPLY or view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification, please visit our website for further details.