HR Operations Manager (Housing)
HR Operations Manager - salary up to £55,000 - permanent - SE London
New role, new HR function in a Housing organisation undergoing massive transformation and change - building, upskilling and engaging the new HR team
A Housing organisation (circa 600 people) in SE London undergoing massive transformation and change - a very exciting time in this organisation
- Managing the HR Operations function within a newly restructured HR team
- Building the new HR function, engaging and upskilling the new HR team to ensure seamless delivery and customer service
- 70% operational, 30% strategic - contributing to HR and wider transformation and change
- Transforming the delivery and reputation of the HR function in this Org - through effective management and delivery of a professional HR service that supports business objectives and ensures excellence through people focused policies and best practice
- Delivering key HR initiatives across the HR spectrum including workforce planning, restructuring, resourcing, talent management, pay and reward, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management.
- Building trust and relationships with senior managers and the ELT - supporting with delivering and embedding of Change
- Identifying HR priorities from corporate and departmental plans - translating business requirements into effective HR practices and people solutions aligned to business objectives.
- Leading on all policy and ER initiatives - delivering better solutions, tools and advice to management and leadership teams - Undertake any complex casework and coach and develop the HR team in ER best practice - Ensure that casework is effectively managed - Represent the organisation at Employment Tribunals and other formal bodies, as required - Design and deliver ER training programmes for managers on a range of ER subjects.
- Liaising with Directors and Managers to understand their HR requirements and ensure they are fully informed of the corporate HR strategy.
- Managing change as is deemed appropriate which may include TUPE, restructures, and redundancy
- Managing 2 direct reports (HRBPs)
- Very strong HR Generalist, experienced in all of the role's 'key responsibilities'
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role (5 years+)
- Experience in Housing organisations a real plus (if not Housing, other NfP experience)
- Experience in organisations undergoing transformation and change
- An independent thinker, confident in fast-paced and challenging environments
- A demonstrable leader within HR teams, who will bring gravitas and credibility to the new HR team
- Loves change projects
- Based in, or able to travel to, SE London
A new, permanent role at a very exciting time in this thriving organisation. As HR Ops Manager, this role will act as number 2 to the Head of HR and so will be absolutely vital to the transformation and change of the organisation. Having just appointed 2 new managers within HR, this role will complete the new senior HR structure. A highly regarded and invaluable role within the organisation
- Salary up to £55,000
- Exceptional benefits
- Flexible working
- High level of autonomy