Regional HR Advisor
Regional HR Advisor- Northern Region
Your new company
My client are an award winning logistics provider with operations throughout the UK. They now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor to join the team, covering the Northern Region. The role will require regular travel to the 15 depots with some home working flexibility.
Your new role
As Regional HR Advisor, you will support the Human Resources Business Partner with the smooth running of the HR function and the development, implementation and monitoring of HR processes across the whole of the employment life cycle i.e. from recruitment, ongoing ER, attendance/ case management and performance matters, through to employee exit.
You will provide in-house HR advice and support within their competence and area of responsibility, ensuring that all company policies and processes are consistently applied and that all HR queries are dealt with promptly and reliably.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Handling HR matters reliably and in accordance with legal requirements;
- Oversee and assist with preparation and issue of documentation linked to the recruitment process to include; job descriptions, job advertisements (internal and external), offer letters, contracts of employment, contract amendments, etc. and/or liaison with shared services in respect of ensuring accuracy of the same;
- To sit on interview panels as required;
- Overseeing and monitoring of processes linked to staff performance, development and appraisals;
- Provide, arrange or liaise with colleagues in respect of staff training and development courses;
- Assisting with and developing responses to manpower planning and staffing needs and associated activities, e.g. targeted recruitment campaigns within your region;
- To ensure completion of appropriate employment and vetting checks, where these are required;
- Responding to, and dealing with HR queries or problems that staff or managers may have and managing their expectations;
- Contribute to the evaluation, ongoing review and related actions in respect of policy and procedure development - including in the areas of salary administration policies, H&S, and promotion and development of staff;
- Supporting the HR BP and management teams to review and investigate capability, grievance and disciplinary matters, resourcing and staff management;
- Support union engagement activities, including preparation for annual union pay negotiations;
- Contribute to organisational design issues, and evaluation of the same e.g. ensuring organisation charts are up to date and reflect efficient staff to management ratios, and ensuring that organisational structures are delivering business performance linked to business objectives;
- Review the application and implementation of HR policies within your areas of responsibility to help ensure that these are in line with best practice and current legislation, and reviewed as part of wider HR strategy;
- Undertake project work as agreed with HRBP
- Deputise for the HRBP on specific matters, where required.
What you'll need to succeed
The role holder should be qualified to degree level or equivalent and will have, or be working towards a CIPD certificate/ related personnel qualification. You will possess strong Interpersonal skills and being a team player are key requirements as there will be a need to work with staff at all levels across the business. Self-confidence and being persuasive are important soft skills to have, as well as a good knowledge of HR information systems.
HR Advisors will be expected to be proficient in the following.
* Organisational and administrative skills;
* Experience of working in a HR environment;
* Advising and working with senior members of staff;
* IT programmes and HR systems;
* Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities with staff at all levels;
* Driven and determined;
* CIPD qualified, or working towards it;
* Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly.
You must be able to travel on a regular basis to the depot network across the North of England
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of up to £35,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.