HR Generalist - Projects
Job Title – HR Consultant
Other job titles of interest – Junior HR Business Partner, Snr HR Advisor, HR Advisor, HR Project Manager
Contract type – Full-time, Fixed term contract for 6-12 months with reasonable chance of a permanent role later on
Salary – Circa £50-55k but would stretch to £60k for a superstar, possibly slightly higher
Start – December or January start
Location – City of London
What can we tell you about this fantastic client?
This is a genuinely lovely place to work within a business that is part of a very large global organisation but retains a family oriented and collaborative approach.
They are looking for someone to come and look after a number of HR projects on a contract basis but there is a good possibility that there might be a permanent role later on.
The HR Consultant will work closely with members of the HR & Communications team, internal and external stakeholders, to lead, drive and implement the following projects:
- HR Governance – carry out an audit of current HR practices including data management and implement practices to ensure compliance with core governance requirements including GDPR
- HR/Employee System – carry out a review of the existing HR system and liaise with the vendor to create improvements, digitize core processes and reduce the amount of manual HR admin tasks
- HR Procedures Manual – create a HR procedures manual to document core processes, using RACIE (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed, Endorsed - referring to approval system of documents) to identify specific responsibilities
- HR Policies & Staff Handbook – review and update HR policies and create a more efficient and user-friendly staff handbook
- Salary Benchmarking – drive a companywide salary benchmarking project to ensure salaries are aligned and adjusted with market practices
- Other Projects – to actively participate in other HR projects as and when required
Who are we looking for?
You will be an HR generalist with experience of overseeing a variety of HR projects. This would suit someone that has an excellent grounding within HR and can see opportunities to make improvements to how things are done. You will be a genuine people person with excellent stakeholder engagement experience with a strong focus on delivery and meeting deadlines. We are looking for a relationship builder that is passionate about HR. You may have been working as an HR Advisor or Junior HR Business Partner – the project experience is important.
Skills and experience required:
- 5 to 10 years generalist HR experience in a medium to large global organisation
- Project management experience – formal PM training is not required
- Skilled at challenging and improving HR practices
- Proven ability to overcome obstacles and deliver results
- Attention to detail and the ability to stay focussed on the bigger picture
- Forward thinking, creative and innovative mindset
- Relationship builder and ability to influence and engage across stakeholder groups
- Preferably CIPD qualified but not a must