Employee Relations Manager
As the Employee Relations Manager, you will focus delivering a commercial and value-add service to the business.
My client is a recognised distribution and logistics business.
The role is for a 12 month fixed-term period.
The successful candidate will cover contract areas within the North Region around Merseyside and North Wales. You will act as the first point of contact for line managers on employee relations matters, providing specialist advice and solutions in line with current legislation. This will include but not limited to disciplinary, grievances, investigations, TUPE, restructures and capability. The role is home based but requires site travel across the geographical area to meet with Stakeholders as required.
- Develop the capacity of line managers to manage a range of ER problems locally, developing management styles to foster positive working relationships with employees, minimising the occurrence of line management problems and issues and fostering a positive climate for ER activity.
- Coach and develop managers to be competent and consistent in their execution of HR policies and procedures encouraging problems to be dealt with informally and as soon as possible, rather than allowing situations to escalate.
- Proactively manage and support the company in relation to all elements of TUPE and Mergers and Acquisitions. Ensuring all relevant processes are followed and compliance is met.
- Foster and support a partnership relationship with the unions at the local level. To form part of the negotiations team for local pay negotiations and to identify with unions and contract managers joint initiatives and proactively participate in regular meetings. When applicable work with the contract manager to respond to any trade disputes and set contingency plans to minimise the impact on the service and bring the dispute to a swift conclusion.
- Work collaboratively with the HR Relationship Managers within the designated contract areas on a range of people and organisational matters.
- Have oversight of absence management in the designated area and to work with senior managers to reduce absence levels in the designated contract areas.
- Work flexibly across the region as required supporting colleagues on projects and work activity.
This role is remote (working from home) with travel to your region.
To be considered for this Employee Relations Manager appointment, you will have proven experience as an HR Generalist / Manager / Senior Adviser, with a very strong focus on Employee Relations - within an autonomous, proactive and operational role.
You will have experience of supporting large scale organisational change and restructuring programmes including TUPE, redundancy and contractual variations is also key, as is the experience of partnering with trade unions, with a good understanding of the trade union framework and collective bargaining.
As an ER Manager, you will be confident and assertive - with an outgoing personality and an informal, yet professional style. You must be able to communicate and coach effectively to all areas of the business; grassroots to leadership.
*You will also be immediately available*
This role will pay £43,000 to £45,000 per annum (dependant on experience), a £5,000 car allowance, and with a suite of benefits.