As the Pensions Administrator you will be joining a successful public sector business based in Preston on a 12 Month FTC which has the potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
The client is a well established public sector business based in Preston who are looking for a pensions administrator to join their expanding team. Their work involves significant correspondence with various customer groups, the completion of pension casework which is deadline driven and responding to queries. We are currently seeking a Pensions Administrator to join our Member Services team.
The Key Responsibilities will include
To process and check a range of general pensions case work, including, but not restricted to benefits estimates, transfers, retirements, commutation of benefits and the combining of benefits, ensuring that service level targets and deadlines are met in respect these areas.
· To respond to member correspondence relating to the work undertaken within the Team, again ensuring that service level targets and deadlines are met in these areas.
· To develop an understanding of current pensions regulation and overriding legislation, maintaining an up to date knowledge.
· Liaise with customers and third parties obtaining information in respect of the work undertaken on the team.
The Successful candidate will have/be
Practical working experience in an office administration role. Previous experience in Pension or Financial services industry is desirable but a not a necessity.
· Proven ability to undertake detailed mathematical calculations accurately. Please note the interview process may include numerical assessments.
· Demonstrable ability to work accurately and to deadlines.
· Previous work with internal database systems is desirable, experience with processes relevant to payroll and pension administration would be beneficial.
· Previous experience and high capability of using the Microsoft Office packages (e.g. Word and Excel).
· Strong communication skills with confidence to work independently when required whilst also being an effective team player.
A Salary of £20,000- £23,000