Senior Buyer (procurement)
The Senior Buyer (procurement) will provide procurement services either personally or through others in a specific area/ category of spend ensuring best practice advice is given.
Our client is a leading company within the IT industry, based in Salford Quays. The Procurement Services team provide guidance and support to NHS customers. You must display a professional manner, managing escalations and liaising with different stake holders/ internal staff.
The Senior Buyer (procurement) key responsibilities will include:
- To manage tender activity appropriate to category through to contract award.
- Provide regular reports including performance against KPIs and SLAs
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues/client with regard to contract management and supplier relationship management;
- Ensuring contract management requirements are reflected in all procurement activity and that it aligns with company processes and procedures;
- Discuss requirements and draft procurement documentation with clients (PQQ, tender and scoring criteria);
- Awarding contracts for goods/services in accordance with public procurement regulations, including one-off requirements;
- Monitor, track, feedback supplier performance and escalate issues appropriately to ensure any deterioration in service is identified early and rectified before impacting Clients;
- Review contracts and schedules to ensure they are fit for purpose and aligned to legal requirements.
The Senior Buyer (procurement) will have/be:
- Experience of working in procurement or contract management team.
- Knowledge and skill in Procurement process, (scoping, briefing, tendering, selection, contract negotiation, including service level agreements, and management of supplier).
- Demonstrable analytic skills (analysis of information, interpreting and presenting findings.
- Experience of producing reports through MS Excel
£18-21K salary + immediate start + temp contract till end of March