HR Business Partner
Working as part of a small HR Partnering team a detailed understanding of the operational context will be gained by supporting client areas on specific people issues and challenges that arise. The HR Business Partner will work closely with the Lead HR Business Partners in driving and influencing appropriate HR solutions and interventions in line with the operational and strategic aims and values of the University.
Higher education - Twickenham
HR Business Partner - Twickenham. Required exposure: g of pre-meeting documents and provide accurate and comprehensive meeting summary notes post attendance.
- Collate staffing information and data as required, ensuring management information shared is timely, accurate and up to date.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with their client groups and be an integral part of the management teams of their client groups.
- With the Lead HR Business Partners, develop and maintain local People Plans that are appropriate and align with the University People Strategy and Annual HR Plan
- Provide coaching and support to their client groups, including senior leaders.
- Develop an expert understanding of the work of their client groups and the external environment in which they operate.
- Provide client groups with an in-depth understanding of human resource management and ensure that the overall service provided by HR and the needs of their client groups align.
- Support change within their client groups.
- Support the client groups during the University Business Planning cycle ensuring that the people agenda is fully considered. This will include supporting core strategic workforce planning, organisational design, resourcing, capability building and employee engagement.
- Implement agreed HR initiatives, in collaboration with the Organisational Development team, to support client groups.
- Ensure there is a consistent and best practice approach to the management of employee relations activity including complex case work.
- Provide an excellent business partnering service to managers and staff to support and facilitate the achievement of organisational goals.
- Coach and support senior stakeholders to improve their leadership and capability to enable them to manage people and operational performance effectively.
- Guide managers through specific employee relations case work, clearly working under the relevant policy and procedure advising on the most appropriate solution.
- Collaborate with own client groups to fully understand their key performance issues, objectives and drivers and associated people requirements for both the current and future challenges.
- Provide support and advice to line managers on a range of HR issues, adopting a partnering approach.
- Provide guidance to client groups in identifying creative solutions to complex scenarios, referring to the Lead HR Business Partner for support, where necessary
- Co-ordinate and manage end to end recruitment and selection activities for allocated recruitment campaigns as delegated. This will include briefing recruitment agencies, drafting interview questions, advising on assessment methods and coaching managers on recruitment and selection processes.
- Actively lead and advise on recruitment campaigns and participate in interview panels and provide feedback to candidates as required.
- Act as a key contact for Occupational Health service in cases as required, assisting in post referral follow up action as necessary.
- To ensure that employee payroll data is complete, accurate and provided to payroll by deadline.
- To assist the Payroll team with complex HR-related queries in an efficient and timely manner.
- To understand, promote and foster a service based Human Resources Partner model, championing the role of the Human Resources Partner across the University.
- Confidently communicate and interpret potentially complex policies and procedures, tactfully and diplomatically in appropriate language.
Planning and Organising
- Organise own work efficiently and ensure all client groups receive a consistent and high-quality HR service.
- Work in partnership with client groups ensuring that effective People Plans are developed at the start of each academic year, working closely with the OD team.
HR Business Partner - Required exposure: Org-change, ER, Redundancies, sickness, T&Cs, policies and high education ideally but not essential:
Skills, Knowledge and Exposure:
HR generalist experience in a partnership working role.
Demonstrated experience of successfully working through change initiatives with staff and manager.
Good standard of IT skills, including Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Part CIPD part-qualified or equivalent.
Ability to work with staff and managers at all levels in a collegiate and supportive way to resolve issues, demonstrating positive, professional attitudes.
Ability to communicate complex technical and specialist information in a straightforward way both orally and in writing.
Evidence of working pro-actively and supportively within a team environment.
HR Business Partner - Twickenham
£35-38K, 30 days holiday + bank holidays