People Development Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
People Development Manager
Your new company
My client are a prestigious, global manufacturing business with over 4000 UK Employees and 10,000 across globe. Following further investment into their people development team, they now have a requirement for a People Development Manager to join the L & D function, initially on a 12 month FTC. The role will be primarily office based at their HQ in Staffordshire.
Your new role
Your role as a People Development Manager will be to drive the development and retention of talent at all levels of the organisation to create competitive advantage and deliver the strategy of the business. Developing skills, knowledge and expertise through the execution of initiatives, programmes and people process that are aligned to our ambitious growth plans. Ensuring we stretch all of our employees and maximise their potential both in current and future roles.
Scope of the Role:
- Key Relationships - Partners with all levels of the business. Manages the outputs of the talent pipeline/plan through working with Group Talent Manager, HR community and Senior Leaders to determine talent development requirements, deliver talent plans and support succession plans across the company.
In collaboration with Group Talent Manager and HR Operations Team you will interrogate the business and HR strategy to determine the talent requirements to deliver the ambitions of the business by designing, develop and deliver talent development interventions that will increase the capability of people so that they are able to deliver in role. Ensuring the delivery of stated benefits through ROI/ROE.
- Lead the ongoing development and roll out of the Leadership and Management development programmes, ensuring that all leaders and Managers within the business have the skills and behaviours they need to deliver bottom line success and role model behaviour.
- Lead the on-going implementation of the Talent and Succession strategy and process in order to ensure that we retain high quality people, facilitate moves across the business, highlight critical roles and put in place action plans that mitigate risk to the business. Leads the collation of the business talent picture and acts as a confident and coach to senior leaders.
- Deliver and develop On Boarding program in order to ensure that individuals are engaged with the business early and deliver in role quickly.
- Coach and develop individuals and teams to build confidence and deliver improved performance.
- Collaborate and work closely with the HR Operations team and cross functionally to influence others
- Manage the talent budget to ensure that value for money is secured and budget is spent effectively
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally come from a HR background with a specialism in Learning & Development bringing with you a "big picture" approach without neglecting the need for timely delivery. You will be an expert in building relationships both internally and externally and demonstrate resilience when faced with challenges navigate those challenges to find and effective resolution. If you are looking for a new challenge and can demonstrate being an expert facilitator at all levels including Senior Leaders. Confident and innovative and possess the experience of delivery in a global organisation then this may be the role you are looking for.
Previous experience within a manufacturing, logistics or closely aligned sector would be a distinct advantage.
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a competitive salary of c£45,000-£50,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for People Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly