This a high profile and influential role with a successful and ambitious UK Business. As part of a small Talent Team (acquisition, development and retention) you will play the lead role when it comes to identifying internal talent, developing robust succession plans and championing internal movement (horizontal and vertical).
This is a new role and one that will see you working at a senior level to introduce new thinking and gaining buy in. Key responsibilities will include
- Implementing an effective mechanism for identifying where talent is in the business and agreeing succession plans with all relevant stakeholders.
- Working with learning colleagues to ensure that there are relevant career pathways for the talent within the business.
- Ensuring that internal talent is championed wherever possible during recruitment campaigns. Encouraging all parties to consider horizontal and vertical progression for key talent.
- Taking ownership of Apprentice and Graduate programmes to ensure that emerging talent will meet the future needs of the organisation. You will also be tasked with ensuring that the business becomes an employer of choice for emerging talent.
The ideal candidate will have
- A strong recruitment background with credible experience leading on talent acquisition projects.
- The confidence, tenacity and communication skills to proactively influence and manage senior commercial stakeholders.
- A passion for seeing internal talent nurtured and championed.
- The determination to transform an organisation's approach to talent management.
- Attention to detail and an ability to organise projects and deliver operationally.
- Management capabilities.
You will be joining a small and busy HR function with a strong belief in their ability to make a difference. They are looking for a colleague keen to get stuck in and show the same passion and positivity. The business has as many challenges as anyone in today's marketplace but it also has plenty of ambition and has recently announced significant financial investment to allow them to deliver those objectives.
You will need to be based around the Midlands (East or West) and should be prepared to do some national travel as required by circumstances.
Salary: £45000 - £50000 + car (or allowance) and other attractive benefits.
We are keen to receive CV's via this advert in the first instance. However, should you require more information than the advert provides you can call Jon Terry at Wright Solutions on 0121 222 5599 (Please quote ref BBBH192 in any correspondence).
Given the current economic climate we are receiving a high volume of applications to all job roles at the moment we will endeavour to reply to all applications as speedily as possible however would ask for your patience as we work through our processes.
In compliance with the regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Wright Solutions will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable.