HR Assistant based in Chelmsford £20/23K
Your new company
Due to expansion a HR Assistant is required to join a national organisation at their head office in Chelmsford. You will work within the HR team dealing with all aspects of the employee lifecycle and be the first point of contact for all HR queries. You will manage and administer new starter, on boarding and induction process whilst ensuring all employee data is recorded accurately
Your new role
- Manage the full on boarding / off boarding process with managers and new hires, including preparation of contracts of employment, new starter forms
- Create employment contracts
- Update the HR database & payroll
- Complete any administrative tasks related to the management of the probation process.
- Work with Payroll to ensure deadlines are met for new starters, leavers and variations.
- Direct employee payroll queries to the payroll team in a timely manner.
- Complete all necessary payroll paperwork and liaise with managers to ensure all changes are communicated to employees..
- Support recruitment, sourcing candidates via multiple channels (Web advertising, referrals, agencies, LinkedIn etc.)
- Keeping our applicant tracking system up to date, tracking progress and liaising with recruiting managers.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 12 months experience in HR or Payroll Administration
- Educated to at least A Level or equivalent
- Good Microsoft Word & Excel skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
What you'll get in return
- Working hours are 09.00 - 17.30
- 25 days holiday & Bank Holidays
- Remote working following government guidelines
- Excellent opportunity to work with a well established team
- Development opportunity
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.