HR Services Manager - FTC until Dec 2021
An opportunity to combine your strategic and operational skillset, this is a dual role managing the HR Services Team whilst also reviewing the service itself and recommending changes to optimise it.
An established and successful distribution business operating in the UK.
- Partnering with operational managers to provide an end-to-end HR service to include advisory, administrative and manager coaching upskilling services
- Provide an HR administration service for the full hire-to-retire HR process, including new starter, promotion, change of employment, disciplinary, grievance, termination, maternity and retirement processes
- Review the HR service function to develop a comprehensive recommendation of any changes to improve the service
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of 3 HR Business Partners and 3 HR Administrators
- Ensure the correct application of Company HR policies and procedures by operational managers to minimise risk and ensure the fair treatment of employees
- Drive engagement, motivation and development across the HR Service Team, developing a culture of continuous improvement
* Experience of working within an HR Service Team (this may be badged as HR Shared Services, HR Central Services, HR Administration, HR Advisory)
* Exposure to a fast-paced, multi-site blue collar sector, e.g. Construction, FM, Logistics, multi-site Manufacturing)
* Ability to objectively critique working processes and recommend substantial change
* A warm, engaging and approachable management style
* Experience of working with Trade Unions and Staff Forums.
* Strong knowledge of employment law and its pragmatic application in the real world
* Ability to influence and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
* Experience of coaching, mentoring and managing a team, including teams whose members are at the start of their HR career journey
* A proven track record of working in an organised manner to hit deadlines and achieve tangible results
* Ability to proactively sell the benefits of HR to the business; a customer-centric approach
* Ability to travel when necessary, balanced with working flexibily
The opportunity to join a successful and stable business, and to drive real, tangible change. Potential for permanence if of interest to both parties.