Head of People
Head of People with a special business…
Job Title: Head of People
Location: City of London
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
Reward: Circa £80k but may be flexible for a super star
What can we tell you about this fantastic client?
We don’t want to say too much about what the client does at the moment as that would ruin the surprise. They are looking for someone to act as a number two to the Chief HR Officer, supporting on generalist HR work and also managing the Talent Acquisition function. They want someone with more HR experience than recruitment but you should be comfortable managing the recruitment team.
What we can say is that this is a really lovely business with great people that love what they do. When there is eventually a return to normality, you will be working in a noisy and vibrant office with hard working and good-humoured colleagues. It is a sociable atmosphere whilst offering an environment that is respectful and understanding of how busy people can be in HR.
Our client’s biggest asset is their people, so their People and Culture team focuses on ensuring that everyone can be their best every day. Hey are a lean team and accountable for attracting great talent, enabling colleagues to progress and succeed and inspire a unified culture across the Group. By playing a role in the recruitment and management of their people, this role can help change lives and influence the future of the business. They are a driven and passionate team where you can be yourself, while also helping your colleagues to achieve their ambitions.
Report to the Chief People Officer
The role will have 5 direct reports all within the talent acquisition team - Sales Recruiters and a Business Operations Recruiters
Managed RPO on Product and Tech recruitment
What can we tell you about this role?
As the business continues to grow (currently 500 colleagues across 3 offices), they are looking for a Head of People to run the day to day HR operation. You will have the opportunity to work closely with an ambitious Chief People Officer, developing an employee experience during this exciting time of growth playing a pivotal role that will change the company's future.
First and foremost, this role is accountable for attracting and selecting high quality, diverse candidates across sales, tech/product, and the business operations functions. You will design, develop and ultimately be responsible for the delivery of our ambitions resourcing strategy. You will focus on all aspects of Talent Acquisition, including Diversity & Inclusion and showcasing their Employer Brand. In this role you will be responsible for not only the strategic delivery, but also operational excellence areas all areas of Resourcing.
- Be an active member of the People and Culture Team to deliver the People and Culture plan.
- Be responsible for guiding the end-to-end Resourcing strategy, talent budget and spend and be the overall leadership of the Resourcing Team.
- Have ownership and accountability for Resourcing budget and spend.
- Be the ultimate decision maker on all supplier partnerships. Accountable for driving maximum return on investment with all vendors.
- Develop the D&I, wellbeing, and charity communities
- Lead on People projects across the business to accelerate the Group strategy such as Future of Work, Creating a 24/7 Operation, Digitalise HR and building Learning Academy.
What are we looking for?
- Full CIPD membership at chartered or fellow level
- HR Leadership experience in a SME
- Trackable experience of scaling company culture in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable challenging conventional thinking
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Proven experience of designing, delivering, and leading a talent programme
- Experience of and optimisation of people analytics
- Commitment to learning and technology
- Ability to see the big picture
- Exceptional listening, communication, EQ, rapport building, analytical, coaching, and organisational skills