HR Administrator/Cardiff/£12.64 p/h
Your new company
Hays HR are recruiting an experienced HR Administrator to join one of our Financial Services Client. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to take the next step on HR journey. Working as a HR Administrator you will support a great, dynamic HR Team to deliver a consistent HR service across the business. The first point of contacts for all managers, employees and external partners across the entire employee life cycle for all aspects of the people services. You will have full accountability for development,maintenance and change control of operational processes. Our client puts the customer are the heart of what they do. Organisational values are an integral element of day to day working practices.
Your new role
- Ownership for all HR operational processes from end to end, across all aspects of the employee lifecycle from process development through to process testing and change control.
- Production and maintenance of fit for purpose job cards that are aligned to the policy framework
- Support and input into process advice and guidance for line managers including production of educational materials for the intranet (manager guides) MI & Reporting.
- Produce regular, standard MI reports and dashboards that can be used for both reporting and insight purposes plus ad-hoc reports as required
- Work closely with the Comms & Engagement Consultant to "operationalise" the production of data for the team and for the business
- Interrogate the reports / dashboards to produce basic insight to share across the function and the broader business Payroll, HRIS and Employee Benefits.
- Inputting of data into HRIS system in preparation for payroll across all aspects of the employee lifecycle
- Preparation of monthly payroll (Inputting process) including ensuring necessary authorisations / mandate approvals are in place for all transactions and submissions for the bureau (or other solution), Finance Department and HMRC are accurate, supported by appropriate documentation, completed and authorised within set timescales.
- Verification / checking of payroll input (second stage) where required to provide cover for other members of the team who are absent.
- Assist in the administration of employee benefits (pension scheme, private medical insurance, death in service benefit, company cars etc) ensuring documentation and records are maintained, and that annual renewals, payments etc are completed and accurate General and Other Responsibilities.
- Work within the policy framework and procedures, maintaining high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Be the first point of contact for all Tier 1 queries into the function, managing the in-box and phone and written enquiries, escalating queries that cannot be responded to within the agreed SLA timescales
- Help drive and re-inforce the operating model by educating managers and employees to access services in the right way thus driving a more efficient service.
- Provide basic advice and guidance to managers regarding employee relations cases at Stage 1 for each policy (absence, performance management, disciplinary, grievance and employee conduct etc)
- Operate within company policies and procedures ensuring compliance with job cards and all processes, making recommendations for improvements across the entire employee lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain good knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements in relation to all aspects of HR and other financial services provider requirements eg GDPR, money laundering etc.
- Ensure risks and controls are managed robustly and evidenced through all aspects of the role including processing for SMCR and SMR regimes.
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by line manager or business managers or the HR team.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Compliance & Risk regulatory and legislative information related to Group products and services (e.g. PRA/FCA rules, Data Protection, Money Laundering, etc.), as advised by line management.
- Support the risk culture of the organisation by taking personal responsibility for identifying and managing risks in everything you do.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous HR Administration experience.
- Strong administrative skills, with attention to detail.
- Experience of working within a process driven environment, with clear evidence of continuous service improvement in any area of work.
- Proficient in Microsoft office with excellent Excel and word and outlook skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work with a wide range of people within the organisation and external vendors.
- Experience of Stakeholder management.
- Demonstrative experience of being a team player, able to use own initiative in solving complex queries
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.