Health and Safety Manager - Media Company
Health and Safety Manager - Fast growing International Business
Oakleaf are working with a prestigious Media company who are looking for a Health and Safety manager who can add value to their collaborative team. Based remotely for the foreseeable future, the company have offices in London and around the UK.
They want you to maintain health, safety and risk policies and procedures across their business and have a particular focus in supporting our editorial teams and developing health & safety within our the London head office.
The role is on a 12 Month contract basis with the view to go permanent.
- Lead on the delivery off s health & safety to ensure that the company and its staff are not placed in any unnecessary risk.
- Raise awareness of health & safety across the business to ensure that it is embedded into the culture.
- Monitor and review health & safety policies and practices to ensure they are consistently updated in line with legislation and communicated across the business.
- Investigate accidents and produce accident reports and notifications to the relevant bodies when necessary.
- Support staff by providing specialist advice, coaching, training and practical guidance particularly when travelling/working abroad or in a high-risk environment.
- Review and authorise all risk assessments , Highlight significant risks to the HR Director.
- Advise on current and emerging health & safety legislation in line with best practice, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance.
- Highlight any weaknesses concerning the provision of health & safety measures and statutory compliance to the HR Director.
- Ensure general DSE compliance for all employees.
- Coordinate first aid and fire marshal representatives and ensure that all health & safety related qualifications for employees are valid and up to date with necessary training and refresher training provided, as and when required, e.g. First Aid, HEAT, etc.
- Conduct regular health & safety compliance audits, including the implementation of agreed recommendations and action plans within agreed timescales. Manage health & safety suppliers and monitor the stock of first aid and emergency provisions and equipment.
- Coordinate the organisation health & safety committee and quarterly meetings to provide effective oversight of health & safety activities
- Input into employee wellbeing as part of our duty of care as an employer.
You Must Have:
- Appropriate Health & Safety qualification or accreditation
- Experience delivering risk assessments for overseas travel
- Knowledgeable on health & safety legislation and current thinking
- A confident communicator
- You must have experience wotking Health Safety Office and field based. This role would reuire working with Journalists etc ,
If you feel this role is for you then please apply now!!