HR Assistant- permanent
Currently recruiting a HR Assistant within Marine Services. Based West Dunbartonshire, Glasgow for a permanent role.
Well known global business.
- Management of the full new start process, including new hire request paperwork, offers of employment and ensuring company inductions are conducted.
- Assist with recruitment & selection process and coordinating interviews when required.
- Ensuring all employee's personal file documentation is collated and up to date in line with P020 office and administrations requirements.
- Monitoring and ensuring probation period records are completed, saved and liaise with relevant HR representative for escalations.
- Input and daily maintenance of the HR database, ensuring payroll data input completion and continually developing expertise and knowledge.
- Proactive approach to developing HR database skillset and reviewing alternative ways to monitor & log all employee data for reporting requirements.
- Completion of monthly payroll checking process for payroll accuracy, security and auditability.
- Manage the administration of the full HR lifecycle of processes from recruitment to termination of contracts.
- Management/administration of the HR mailbox, ensuring all queries are responded to and/or assigned to the person responsible investigating and answering more complex queries.
- Administration/monitoring of mandatory training certificate records for all Business Units; updating in line with defined matrix and escalate gaps to relevant HR representative.
- Coordinate and manage training bookings, including booking rooms for internal training.
- Assisting the HR Advisors and team with all other HR activities, including supporting the administration duties within relevant HR projects
- Support with intermediate reporting requirements, including absence tracking management, ensuring compliance with contractual terms and adherence of the attendance management policy.
- Preparation of letters, contracts of employments, etc.
- Maintenance of hard copy and electronic HR files.
- Booking rooms and conference facilities for business meetings/functions.
- Occasional travel required.
* Degree in Human Resources (or equivalent)
* 6 - 12 months HR administration experience
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
* HR system experience
* Experience of working in a confidential environment
* Working in a customer-focused environment
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* Strong organisational skills
* Able to work under own initiative
- Home based initially due to covid guidelines, expectation there after would be office based 5 days a week