Poundland has an exciting opportunity for an HR Manager to join the team based at their Springvale Distribution centre. The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary.
About the HR Manager role …
As an HR Manager, you will be working closely with the Distribution Controller and broader HR team to oversee the daily ER caseload and ongoing cases, across the Midlands, and support the senior leadership team to improve areas such as succession planning, performance and absences.
This role will predominately be working 8:30-5 pm Monday – Friday. However, you will need to be flexible around this as you will be supporting a 24/7 function. You will be required to attend meetings during the evening and night shifts at least once a month, whether for a few hours or possibly the whole shift. Evening shifts will be 2pm-10pm and night shifts 10pm-6am.
Responsibilities of our HR Manager:
- Working closely with the DC Controller and senior stakeholders to manage any current TUPE and open ER cases.
- Supporting the wider team with queries or concerns
- Involvement within redundancy processes from start to finish
- Training the broader team on top-line HR processes such as grievances and disciplinaries and supporting where required.
- Working closely with the DC Controller and broader team on people programs and projects across the distribution centre.
What we’re looking for in our HR Manager:
- At least two years’ experience within a similar role
- A CIPD qualification
- Exposure to a fast-paced DC environment
- Confident understanding of HR Advice
- A strong understanding of TUPE and redundancy processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Previous business partnering experience
What’s in it for you as our HR Manager …
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn bonus
- Free on-site car park
- Long service awards
- Additional holiday purchase - (once a year window to apply)
- Life Assurance
About us …
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and excellent quality own-brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland offers thousands of quality products in-store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While most items in its stores are at its original £1 price point, it extends ranges above and below £1 that also offer amazing value.
If you feel you are the right candidate for our HR Manager role, please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!