Page Personnel are working hand in hand with this reputable business to recruit for an export shipping clerk.
This role requires someone with strong administration experience and previous export/shipping knowledge.
This business are a globally respected manufacturing business that exports to over 180 countries worldwide. Following a fruitful year they are seeking a dynamic individual that can integrate with the team and excel in key areas of the business. They have many years in the industry and a great track record.
This role will include but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Scheduling customer deliveries from our warehouse to delivery destinations within and outside the UK
- Arranging that all correct paperwork is swiftly provided to customers and third parties
- Communicating with customers by phone and e-mail
- Actively liaising with freight forwarders appointed by our customers for buyer collections and outgoing shipments
- Orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay
- Overseeing the preparation of loading for shipment
- Take steps to avoid quality control issues
- Ensures that manufacturing is complete, and all other requirements fulfilled before shipping
- Managing activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to ensure established deadlines are met
- Keeping up to date with goods in manufacture for a setlist of customers
- Overseeing inventory of goods and vehicles
- Continually reviewing freight costs and transportation rates to keep costs down
- Streamlining shipping and transportation processes
- Following customer orders from initial purchase to final dispatch and ensuring that products are shipped or collected without unnecessary delay
- Attendance in meetings with production and sales to forecast upcoming orders and shipping
The successful Export Shipping Clerk will require the following:
* Background in logistics or freight is required
* Experience in similar role previously
* Background in logistics or freight is required would be ideal
* Candidates with experience within technical industries such as manufacturing or engineering would be preferred.
* Education experience to a minimum of A level or equivalent.
* Basic understanding of MS office, spreadsheets and document editing is required.
* Good communication skills
* Professional telephone manner
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Excellent organisational skills
The successful Export Shipping Clerk candidate will receive the following:
- £20,000 - £25,000 - dependant on experience
- 28 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Early finish on a Friday
- Great working environment