Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer - Hertfordshire - £70-80,000 plus benefits
I am currently working with a well known commercial brand that is growing and who are looking for a Data Protection Officer to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting in the Head of HR & Legal, the DPO will be responsible for advising on and implementing data protection and governance measures to ensure the company is compliant with data protection and privacy legislation. This high profile position within the organisation will work with the HR Department, Legal Department and report to the General Counsel. The ideal candidate will have the right balance of subject matter understanding, stakeholder and project management. The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively within a busy fast-paced environment. Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships are a prerequisite.
- Partner robustly with the relevant teams to ensure data is leveraged in a commercial but lawful manner.
- Respond to ad hoc queries from the business, particularly those related to HR, Marketing and other issues.
- Embed and monitor compliance with policies and procedures supporting the business.
- Provide information, advice and issue recommendations, and act as a subject matter expert on data protection and privacy issues in consultation with the Legal Department.
- Maintain and update a manual of required policies and procedures.
- Foster a data protection culture within the organisation and help maintain and improve the essential elements of data protection, including data subjects' rights, data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, security of processing, and notification and communication of data breaches.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.