Interim Diversity and Inclusion Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Are you an experience Diversity & Inclusion Manager? Are you a strong team manager? Do you have experience of leading D&I activities and achieving impact across a large organisation? If so, this could be a great role for you!
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a large and well-known organisation based in Yorkshire. Please note however, this role can be based remotely with potential need for weekly trips to Yorkshire as and when restrictions ease over the next 12 months.
The key focus of this role is to lead a team of D&I Advisers whilst leading and progressing the equality and inclusion strategy organisation-wide. You will work with key stakeholders to identify needs and develop guidance documents, policy and actions to promote greater inclusion for all employees. You will also advise on ways to effectively share best practice and will seek opportunities to address areas of under-representation, or differences in experiences and outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be available to start in March and have the following background:
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of providing specialist equality and inclusion advice and guidance to generalist and specialist colleagues at all levels of an organisation;
- Experience of deputising for a senior colleague, including being a point of contact for senior management, responding to queries or complaints, and making decisions on their behalf;
- Ability to co-develop and implement equality and inclusion frameworks and action plans across a devolved and complex organisation;
- Experience of preparing and delivering reports or papers for senior decision making committees in a large organisation, and where applicable, influencing or persuading members to act in support of progressing equality and inclusion matters;
- Ability to analyse and present E&I management information to support strategic decision making and statutory returns;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly build mutual trust, professional credibility and maintain a good, trusted working relationship with colleagues.
You may also have:
- An understanding of equality and inclusion in higher education;
- Experience of applying for equality charter marks or inclusion awards which recognise good employment practices, service offer or similar.
£41-£49,000 DOE + very attractive benefits.