Based in Birmingham this is a varied and busy standalone HR Manager role ideal for someone who would relish the challenge of building HR processes and managing a really efficient and organised HR function. It is a busy organisation and there will plenty of variety and day to day challenges.
As the lead HR professional you will be working in close partnership with Senior Management and be advising on all HR matters with a particular focus on
- Supporting staff at all levels with a wide range of ER issues.
- Overseeing the accurate preparation and delivery of the monthly payroll. You will be working in partnership with an outsourced payroll provider but you will need to review and approve data prior to it being sent to them for processing.
- Providing HR support for recruitment at all levels. Ensuring accuracy and rigour throughout the recruitment process and especially around Right to Work / DBS checks, offer and contract letters and onboarding.
- The ownership of a number of business critical systems (HR, staff census, absence and staffing costs) ensuring useful reports can be delivered quickly and accurately as required.
- We are looking for individuals with a strong generalist HR background, a completer finisher mindset, a passion for making things work and strong attention to detail.
In addition, the ideal applicant will likely have experience of delivering HR in a Schools / Further Education sector. This is because you will need to understand the impact that things like Safeguarding in Schools, Burgundy / Green Book regulations and Legislation has on HR. A candidate without a schools background will be considered if they can show a diligent aptitude and a focus on delivering exceptional process driven HR solutions.
The candidate who enjoys the sort of challenge described above will find themselves in a role (and team) where they can make a real impact and be given every opportunity to lead and develop a best in class HR function. However this role could suit someone taking their first steps into Management.
The organisation has strong leadership, a great team culture and will emerge from the pandemic in a strong place.
Salary: £35-£38k + Benefits. There is some potential for working from home or flexible hours (not part time) for the right individual.
The best way to apply for this position is to follow the link below. This will ensure that your CV goes directly to the relevant consultant. However ff you have any specific questions please call Jon Terry at Wright Solutions on 0121 222 5599 (quote ref BBBH201).
Given the current economic climate we are receiving a high volume of applications to all job roles at the moment. We are committed to replying to all applications as speedily as possible however would ask for your patience as we work through our processes.
In addition to our HR Recruitment services, Wright Solutions also provides Diversity, Inclusion and Behavioural online training courses. Visit our website for more information
In compliance with the regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Wright Solutions will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email copies are acceptable.
Apply for HR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly