A mid sized law firm with a truly exceptional HR team are looking for a Learning and Development Manager to join a team of three. Reporting to the Senior L&D Manager and supported by a PA, you will work on a broad range of learning and development initiatives across the firm, looking after the professional development needs of lawyers and Business Services teams.
- Overseeing delivery of the firms flagship professional skills programmes for lawyers at all levels, from trainee to Partner.
- Preparing joining instructions and training materials, and organising and following up on feedback.
- Atending some sessions as observer and potentially co-facilitating
- Taking the lead on coordinating and overseeing the delivery of the Trainee Induction Programme and Trainee Skills Programme
- Contributing to current SQE transition project, liasing with internal and external stakeholders on the design of SQE preparation courses and any necessary changes to existing in-house trainee development arrangements.
- Ascertain training needs and contribute to the development and design of additional professional skills programmes and modules for lawyers
- Developing, delivering and coordinating skills training for the Business Services and Knowledge departments
- Reviewing and evaluating feedback from all of L&D programmes and individual skills modules.
- Take the lead on the design, development and maintenance of the L&D site on the Hub, the firm's intranet.
- In collaboration with the Senior L&D Manager and the Tech team, and where appropriate, external digital comms agencies, help further develop the offering of online training (webinars, podcasts).
- Building on excellent relationships within the firm, to promote the L&D team in its advisory role to the business.
- Senior L&D advisory / management experience gained in a legal or professional services firm
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Confident and capable of acting as an ambassador for the L&D team.
- Proactive in, and open to, the development and use of new technology to improve the L&D offering.
- Excellent attention to detail and use of grammar
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills, able to work independently and as a team player on a broad range of projects
Apply for L&D Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly