Strategic Pay & Reward Manager
An excellent opportunity for a skilled and talented Reward Manager to join a large organisation in Southampton
As a Strategic Pay & Reward Manager you will be working as part of a large HR & People Services department leading all areas of Pay & Reward.
Your responsibilities include :
- Lead on the interpretation and application of NHS Terms and Conditions (Agenda for Change).
- The job holder will also lead pay, pension and reward activity for Medical staff (Doctor's & Dentist's Review Board).
- Own and oversee the Trust's Job Evaluation process.
- Manage the strategic direction for Pay, Pension and Reward for the Trust, interpreting, making recommendations and applying changes and amendments required as a result of legislation, NHS led changes and/or organisations led changes.
- To be the lead Strategic Pay Consultant with regard to pay, pensions and reward - interpretation, advice and overseeing application.
- To review, update and develop policy in relation to pay, pensions and reward including specific policies for Medical Staffing.
- To interpret and advise on Agenda for Change and Doctor's and Dentist's terms and conditions including practical application.
- To lead on all pay, pension and reward related policy
- To develop and draft the pay elements of the annual report and Gender Pay Gap report
- To make appropriate, well researched and evidence based recommendations in relation to pay, pensions and reward policy
- To partner with the Pay Process Consultant and the Pay & Reward Co-ordinator who manage the day to day operational elements of pay and payroll processes.
- To ensure all approved recommendations in relation to pay, reward and pensions best practice and policy are fully implemented and managed to a point of handover as business a usual to the Pay Processing Team.
- To oversee the job evaluation process and all associated activities to ensure job evaluation is undertaken fairly, consistently and effectively to support swift and inclusive recruitment and selection processes.
- To lead and manage the relationship with the outsourced payroll provider to ensure optimal processing of payroll and value of money in terms of the fulfilment of the outsourced provider's contractual obligations.
Were seeking an experience Pay & Reward Manager / Reward Specialist who ideally has NHS experience or larger scale complex organisations background.
- Post Grad Diploma/Level 7 CIPD or similar
- Associate/Chartered MCIPD
- Ideally significant experience in the NHS interpreting and applying Agenda for Change and Doctor's and Dentist's terms and conditions.
- Experience of applying pay, pension and reward legislation and best practice to implement policy and procedure.
- Previous relationship management of an outsourced payroll provider including monitoring of KPIs.
- Experience of job evaluation and job evaluation processes including IJES.
- 30 - 37.5 hours per week
- Home Working/Office in Southampton and travel as needed across South Coast sites
- 27 - 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays (for permanent staff) - pro rata for part time
- Ability to join the generous NHS pension scheme
- Purchase of additional annual leave
- Training and development opportunities
- An extensive health and wellbeing service
- Flexible working options
- Free yoga, pilates and mindfulness classes
- NHS discounts from leading retailers
- Opportunity to purchase a public transport annual season ticket - 11 month repayment period
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Strategic Pay & Reward Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly