Interim HR Advisor
Interim HR Advisor - 3 Month FTC
Your new company
My client are a specialist manufacturing/services business with a Head office in Ellesmere. Due to strong business performance and an additional demand on the HR team, they are now looking to hire an Interim HR Advisor to join them, initially on a 3 month FTC with the possibility of an extension based on workload demands.
Your new role
As the main representative, the HR Advisor has a key role in the organisation. The HR Advisor is responsible for a wide range of tasks such as the day-to-day functioning of the HR department, taking an advisory role on best practices for recruitment and the retention of staff and overseeing grievances, disciplinary actions and facilitate conflict resolutions.
The HR Advisor proactively initiates, executes, develops and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and Group MD timely the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
* Advisor for all HR matters, including disciplinaries, grievances, policies and procedures, and recruitment
* Partnering with line managers to review employee relations, performance management, resourcing, staff management and short service dismissals
* Manage Settlement Agreements for employees
* Progress the necessary administrative tasks such as drafting contracts of employment, variation letters and any other written correspondence to employees
* Initiate employee engagement activities and events
* Guide and assist managers during interview process
* Manage Occupational Health appointments and Referrals
* Coordinate and conduct training to employees
* Organise a new starter induction
* Handle HR matters reliably and in accordance with legal requirements
* Ensure notice boards are up to date with relevant communications.
Supporting (Support Function)
* Support the HR Manager with various HR activities
* Point of contact for managers with employee and departmental concerns
* Issue business communications via letter/emails/meetings
* Assist the HR Manager to provide a proactive and effective HR service
* Continually monitor and ensure timely update of the employee handbook, supported
by a suite of employment policies reflective of current employment legislation and best
What you'll need to succeed
High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal
development and achieving business results. Entrepreneurial attitude
* Excellent leadership and management skills; equipped with strong and effective
communication, interpersonal & listening skills
* Positive, constructive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish goals & targets
* Energy & focus to achieve - group - results in a professional manner
* Self-starter; Able to work independently, preferably without supervision, but as part of
* Creative & inquisitive; out of the box thinker
* Consulting & service attitude; a humble, but resolute behaviour
* Intrinsically motivated; eager to learn
* Analytical; you can think strategically, and you can handle complexity
* Assertive; not afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes
* Capable of working with deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered
Background & Experience
* CIPD Level 3 Certificate/Diploma qualified or equivalent
* Previous experience as a HR Advisor
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of up to £30k pro rata for the FTC plus some working from home flexibility and a good benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.