Head of HR
Working under the title of Deputy Bursar, you will be taking responsibility for the people services agenda for Wisbech Grammar School – a prestigious and historic independent school. WGS prides itself on being one of the oldest academically selective HMC day schools in the country but with a forward-thinking agenda. The school continues to challenge itself on how it delivers its education services (recent years have seen the launch of a kindergarten, the establishment of a transport division, the opening of an international boarding house, and the deployment of iPads) and has a clear strategy to extend their offering and grow its services over the coming years.
To support this agenda of growth and continuous improvement we are looking to recruit a Deputy Bursar to take the lead on all HR and people initiatives within the school, as well as deputising for the Bursar in their absence. This role goes beyond that of an HR specialist; we are looking for an individual to join the small and close knit Senior Team who are committed to working together effectively to realise the School’s vision. You will be fully supported by the Headmaster and the Bursar as this new role is embedded into the Senior Team.
Your key areas of focus will be:
- People Strategy – translating the business plan, academic goals, and engagement objectives into an overall people strategy
- HR operations - delivering the transactional and operational HR support needed by a transforming organisation
- Employee engagement and well-being – visibility and availability to staff to enable the identification of areas of concern, the recognition of improvement opportunities and the appreciation of successes
- Operational involvement - taking day to day operational matters away from the Bursar to ensure that the School runs smoothly and efficiently, and deputising on matters in their absence.
- Compliance oversight – monitoring and reviewing compliance with regulated industry standards to minimise risk to the school, its staff, and pupils.
- High profile initiatives and projects – working with key stakeholders from all areas of the school to support initiatives and projects both from an operational and people perspective.
Ideally you will be fully CIPD qualified and have experience delivering the people agenda within an academic environment. You are now ready for a fresh challenge, and have a natural inquisitiveness and desire to push your remit outside of pure HR. This is a role which has the capacity to expand and grow with the incumbent, and will be a perfect fit for an HR specialist who has career aspirations to become a Bursar themselves.
You will be generously remunerated in your role, with excellent benefits including;
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 5% matched pension
- 60% discounted school fees.
Apply for Head of HR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly