Head of People and Culture (12-month FTC)
Wonderful NfP organisation that champions the work of charities and volunteers nationwide.
Brand new Head of People and Culture role (12-month FTC), heading up the HR function and transforming their culture, values and behaviours
A charity with a membership arm, their mission is to champion and support the work of charities and volunteers, both locally and nationally. They share practical support and insight with over 15,000 organisations, enabling them to focus on truly making a difference. They also work to ensure the essential contribution of charities and volunteers is widely recognised.
Lead the HR function of the organisation
Lead and implement strategies to transform the organisation's culture, values and behaviours
Be an active member of the leadership team.
Working with Senior Leaders, committees and staff to develop and embed a vision and strategy for equality, diversity and inclusion
Ensure effective support of the organisation's governance
As the most senior member of the HR team, their new Head of People and Culture will truly transform the organisation, embedding their new culture, values and behaviours. They will also be the lead for Generalist HR as well as Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. Although an interim role, my client is seeking a HR professional who will truly invest and embed themself in the organisation and will consider themself very much part of the team.
Experience / skills required:
- CIPD qualified
- Solid HR Generalist, with demonstrable experience of leading HR functions and implementing best practice
- A culture transformation God with a person-centred approach to leading change. Demonstrable record of leading and implementing strategies to develop and transform organisational culture, values and behaviours
- Understanding and using data in a robust way to inform decisions
- Working with Senior Leaders, committees and staff to develop and embed a vision and strategy for equality, diversity and inclusion (an initial priority)
- Carrying out regular staff satisfaction surveys and proposing improvements so to remain an employer of choice.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and coaching skills, specifically where there is resistance, conflict, fear or complex issues to manage and convey
- Managing and maintaining effective relationships with recognised Trade Unions
- Leading and developing strategies to become a volunteer-involving organisation (a focus in future)
- Knowledge of charity governance
- Managing budgets
Opportunity to transform and uplift this truly humanitarian NfP organisation
12 month FTC (possibly extended to 18 months)
Salary up to £60,000
Central London location (post Covid)