Resourcing Manager - 6 Month Contract
This role specifically focuses on the delivery of 3 key resourcing elements. Resourcing - all permanent & fixed term recruitment of substantive staff. Retention - the implementation of a variety of initiatives to engage staff and support retention across the Trust. Volunteer Services - leadership and oversight of the volunteer services function.
A public sector organisation.
- To lead on the delivery of professional, comprehensive and efficient services for all internal and external customers seeking and acting on feedback.
- To oversee the provision of advice and support to managers on Trust policy, procedural interpretation and organisational practice.
- To analyse, review, and develop departmental strategies, with direction from the Head of Strategic Resourcing, specific to volunteer services and the recruitment and retention of staff, bank workers and volunteers; ensuring that they are aligned to Trust objectives, values and vision.
- To lead on the delivery of strategies relating to areas of responsibility ensuring the Head of Strategic Resourcing is updated regularly on progress, risks and issues.
- To ensure the provision of a comprehensive and efficient recruitment service for all grades of staff.
- To support the organisation to fulfil its workforce requirements whilst ensuring adherence to relevant legislation and organisation Standards including Employment Rights Act and the organisation's Recruitment Standards.
- To lead on the development of candidate attraction, recruitment, assessment and on-boarding processes to promote the Trust as an employer of choice.
- To plan and develop the service to ensure that the operational demands of the Trust are met through efficient and effective recruitment and retention processes.
- To ensure, through internal audit checks, that all appropriate pre-employment checks are undertaken in accordance with the agreed policy and legislation.
- To oversee the implementation and management of effective mechanisms to gather feedback from staff and those exiting the organisation such as exit questionnaires, focus groups and pulse surveys.
- To identify specific retention issues, themes and trends from retention data ensuring hotspots and actions are identified and addressed.
- To oversee the delivery of the Volunteer Service in line with the Volunteer Strategy and annual operational plan.
- To oversee the implementation of the Volunteer Strategy including introduction of new roles, bidding for external funding and ensuring adequate training and support is provided for all Trust volunteers.
Systems & Policies
- To be responsible for developing and implementing systems and strategies that address strategic workforce issues within their areas of responsibility.
- To be responsible for the review, development and consultation on HR policies and procedures related to resourcing, retention and volunteering ensuring that they are aligned to corporate objectives, legislation and best practice.
Performance Management, Reporting and Governance
- To develop, manage and analyse a suite of key performance indicators across all services to develop plans, measure success and plan workforce demands.
- To create and present reports, as required, on the activity of teams demonstrating the outputs and targets achieved for a variety of stakeholders including the Head of Strategic Resourcing, Workforce Council and Executive Committee.
ProfileAs a member of the CIPD or equivalent experience, you will have substantial operational experience in resourcing / recruitment gained within a high volume environment. Sound knowledge of employment law and HR best practices in relation to resourcing / recruitment is essential, including pre-employment checks, DBS, Asylum and Immigration Laws and the Equalities Act.
With excellent communication and negotiation skills, you will be well organised and able to work under pressure. Data analysis and interpretation is an important part of the role alongside exceptional interpersonal skills and experience of leading, managing and motivating teams
- Exciting opportunity to join a national public sector organisation
- Competitive hourly rate