HR Assistant - Immediate Start
My client are looking to recruit an HR Assistant with primary responsibility for payroll, expenses and car fleet administration on a fixed term basis for up to 14 months. The role will fully support and be a representative of the HR department across the business, developing professional relationships with employees and managers. The HR Assistant will proactively ensure payroll and expenses are completed accurately in line with all deadlines.
A successful and credible brand who has been established for nearly 20 years. A team that is recognised as being among the best in the industry.
- Process company payroll every pay period including full HMRC reporting
- Experience of End of Year process
- Maintain the payroll processing system (MiraclePay) and other HR systems by gathering, calculating and inputting data. Identifying, investigating and resolving any discrepancies
- Answer employees' questions in relation to pay, benefits, expenses, cars and other adhoc queries
- Complete employee expenses in line with company deadlines and guidelines
- Maintain all employee personnel records to include contract creation for joiners, leaver letters, sick leave, holidays, maternity & paternity leave, training courses etc.
- Proactive support of the administration of the company car scheme
- Supporting with interviews and recruitment of new joiners to Head Office
- Welcoming new employees to the business by conduction inductions and adding them to all relevant systems and training
- Conducting exit interviews and other employee meetings as required
- Submit data to benefits providers as required by collecting and or analysing information
- Play an active role in updating and issuing company policies
- Other ad hoc duties including covering other departmental roles and tasks as required
- Ideally CIPD qualified to Level 3 or to have strong previous relevant experience
- Enthusiastic and proactive with strong organisational and time management skills
- An ability work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met and confident to escalate at a senior level as required
- Strong previous payroll experience is essential and use of MiraclePay advantageous
- Payroll and expenses need to be processed every pay period; therefore, reliability and dependability are essential in this role
- Experience of fleet car administration and online expenses systems would be beneficial
- Approachable with excellent communication skills, personable with the ability to build relationships. Confident approach to dealing with people in an honest, sensitive, impartial and confidential manner
- Highly self-motivated, able to follow instructions well and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to contribute as part of a team and willing to share knowledge and learning and encourage others
- Adaptable and embrace change in a positive manner
- Able to demonstrate a positive, consistent and hard-working approach and to engage with the company values
- Strong computer literacy skills especially Excel (producing, manipulating and protecting data) and Word. Experience of using databases would be advantageous.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Auto enrollment into pension scheme
- Company benefits (can be discussed at interview stage)
- Remote working