Senior HR Business Partner- Permanent
Currently recruiting a Senior HR Business Partner within public sector, based in Newcastle Upon Tyne for a permanent role.
Well known public sector organisation based in Newcastle Upon Tyne
1. Partnering the leaders of specific business directorates and fully understanding their business area and future strategic aims to create, own and fully deliver a people plan to enable the achievement of these, and ultimately the wider business strategy. This people plan will incorporate appropriate elements of the People Strategy to ensure consistent approaches across the business, in addition to talent management, performance development and workforce planning.
2. Collaboration with leaders to enable people change initiatives within the business area, providing a robust framework to plan and manage the continuous process of change, including dependencies, risk, potential scenarios and mitigation. Highly complex advice will need to be provided on issues including TUPE, redundancy, department restructures and operational efficiency.
3. Having full awareness and management of the headcount, contingent labour and contractor frameworks within your business directorates, and the movement within this.
4. Through the knowledge you acquire within your business directorate, actively contribute to the development and delivery of the overarching People Strategy to ensure business strategy is achieved through people initiatives.
5. Advising, guiding and supporting Directors and key stakeholders on highly complex employee relation matters.
6. Coach and build the capability of senior managers to enable the delivery of the strategic goals through their teams, and to anticipate and pre-empt organisational and people issues, maximising both colleague engagement and experience.
7. Continually developing your professional knowledge and skills by keeping up to date with external trends and best practice in the areas of expertise and HR more broadly. This will include keeping up to date on highly complex employment legislation and ensuring this knowledge is cascaded within your business areas and across the wider business.
8. Working with the business Director and Senior Management Team to continually drive forward both colleague engagement and experience, taking into account colleague survey feedback.
9. Thought leader on people initiatives for the whole of the business. Working in collaboration with the Organisational Development team, from the initial concept, through to implementation and continual development, the people business partner will ensure that the initiatives are beneficial for both colleagues and the business. Such initiatives will include talent management, workforce planning, engagement and performance management.
10. Leading on highly complex change and people initiatives that are driven by Employers, employment legislation, government and other external factors. Owing the full process from understanding and assessing the impact of the change, through to implementation.
11. Taking highly complex data and producing meaningful reports to enable leadership team focus on key current issues and future initiatives. This will include creating a people metric dashboard for the business directorate that clearly shows key people KPI's, with analysis of these to provide effective management information, taking accountability with the management team to address any concerns.
12. Provide recruitment partner support for senior positions with the Business.
13. Working closely with the HR Manager and HR Advisor for the directorate to ensure the leaders, managers and colleagues are fully supported through the employee lifecycle and a value added service is being provided.
14. Creating a people metric dashboard for the business directorate that clearly shows key people KPI's, with analysis of these to provide effective management information, taking accountability with the management team to address any concerns.
15. Working with the Talent Acquisition Manager to explore and implement talent acquisition models/practices to acquire the best talent for the directorate and business as a whole.
16. Building active internal and external networks within organisations, to share working practices and build innovative ideas, with the potential for future partnership working.
17. Building our employer brand by being an ambassador though networking, speaking at external events and partner relationships.
18. Being an active member of the wider HR team, continually supporting team development and challenging the status quo to ensure a consistent, value adding HR provision to leaders, managers and colleagues.
19. Deputising for the Head of Human Resources as appropriate.
Personal Qualities, Knowledge and Skills
* Substantial specialist knowledge of HR policies and procedures and associated Employment Law and complex cases.
* Ability to build effective and trusting business partnering relationships.
* Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
* Competent IT skills
* Ability to work at a strategic level developing new business and HR solutions to meet business need.
* Strong communication skills to establish good working relationships with leaders, colleagues and external organisations
* Able to use initiative, multi task and prioritise diverse workload and work to deadlines.
* Ability to be responsible and accountable for decision making.
* Evidence of on-going Continuing Professional Development
- Demonstrable extensive HR experience in a business partnering role, some of which must be at senior management level.
- Significant experience of advising on HR policy, Employment Law and best practice.
- Significant experience of organisational change eg TUPE, restructure, redundancy
- Experience of planning and delivering people initiatives, including talent management, workforce planning and performance management
- Ability to work at both a strategic and operational level
- MCIPD Membership
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent experience/qualification)
- Salary + additional benefits