HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
Central London (currently remote working)
6 month FTC
£42,000 - £48,000 FTE
- Are you an HR Business Partner with experience working in Higher Education, the Third sector or any organisation with a significant reliance on grant funded research projects?
- Do you have demonstrable experience of project management and process improvement?
- Are you comfortable with ambiguity and can work autonomously to deliver within a highly complex, evolving environment?
- Are you result focused, commercially minded HR generalist that is capable of rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck into day to day tasks?
If so, then this is an exciting opportunity for you.
I am thrilled to be exclusively working with a leading London based University. After a period of restructure across its academic departments and professional services teams in response to COVID-19, an opportunity for a new HR Business Partner has been created to support a new client group over the next six months.
Reporting to a brilliant HR Director who has been evolving and strengthening the BP model, you will be the single point of contact for a highly complex employee population across the Research department and support services, providing HR and OD consultation and support.
During this contract, you will provide expert advice to managers and develop solutions to workforce issues. A significant task will be leading on a project to improve HR processes to support researchers, working closely with other teams to develop clear end-to-end processes.
What do you need to be successful?
- Experience of working as an HR generalist at Business Partner level, with the ability to build effective working relationships at a senior level internally and externally
- Demonstrable experience advising business areas and senior managers on HR and OD matters, developing innovative and pragmatic solutions that are financially and culturally appropriate.
- Experience of having led on or been involved in process design or improvement work, with a customer-focused approach and a demonstrable ability to read process maps and understand how they work in practice.
- Demonstrable experience of having coached and advised managers on a range of HR policies and people management issues, resolving issues informally and improve working relationships, performance and retention
- Be pragmatic, flexible and adaptable with an ability to tailor your approach to meet contrasting needs and demands of your employee population
- Advanced analytic skills, able to gather appropriate information to make evidence-based recommendations, identifying patterns and trends in data and presenting findings clearly
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including political awareness and emotional intelligence.
- CIPD qualified (Level 7) or equivalent expertise gained through relevant work experience
- Experience of having worked in more than one sector would be an advantage
The deadline for applications will be Thursday 25th February as interviews are taking place next week Tuesday 2nd March. If you are interested in this role, then please apply as soon as possible, or email your CV to Jade Breeds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we are ideally looking for a March start, successful candidates would ideally be available at short notice.
Apply for HR Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly